“Very small place, but great experience”

Body Rhythms Massage and Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Body Rhythms is Kona's most (and best) reviewed spa. We are centrally located, on Kona's "main" street. We invite you to visit us and relax and enjoy the warm, inviting, and unpretentious atmosphere. Located in Kona's iconic lighthouse building, our facility is modest, but is impeccably clean and comfortable. We offer unparalleled service and very reasonable prices. A one hour Body Rhythms treatment is actually over one full hour! All full body massages include a free hot foot soak, foot massage and hot oil foot treatment in addition to your massage time. Body Rhythms has free on-site parking.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I saw the trip advisor reviews and were attracted based on the reasonable price. He got a 2 hour deep tissue and I got a 90 minute prenatal followed by a mini-facial. both were excellent. The only thing is be aware this is a small place so no locker rooms/showers/sauna/waiting room/etc that larger spas have. There was the occasional traffic noise as well, but on the whole it was extremely relaxing and the massage therapists were both great.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I found Body Rhythms in January 2013 and had three massages during my three weeks in Kona. I just returned to Kona in mid-October 2013 and immediately booked an appointment with Angela, a fantastic licensed massage therapist. Dave, co-owner wth Angela, manages the operation and makes you feel welcome the minute you set foot in the door! Angela is a talented and wonderful masseuse. I would highly recommend Body Rhythms to anyone looking for an excellent massage. I myself will be returning frequently!! Beth C.

1  Thank Beth C
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and his friend took the Ironman Special package during their recent trip to Kona to compete in the Ironman - it included two pre-event massages and one post event massage.

Both of them said it was the best sports massage they'd ever had - very knowledgeable therapists that applied all the latest techniques. My husband had 2 different masseuses over the course of his 3 treatments, and said both were excellent.

So definitely worth a visit if you're in Kona for the Ironman! They'll get all the kinks worked out of you for sure!

1  Thank millerslocal
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The massage was very good. The guy at the desk was a bit odd, but the massage therapist was great! Avoid if you have problems climbing steps.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Oh. My. Goodness.

This was the best decision I made while I was staying in Kona. My friends and I booked in for an Endless Summer Special which was 2 hours of complete bliss.

I've had a lot of massages (Physiotherapy/ Remedial/ Spa treatments) but this was by-far the best. We had been travelling for 3 weeks - lots of walking, lugging around suitcases and sitting on planes. All I really was looking for was to relax and loosen up my sore back, but what I got was AMAZING.

My therapist was Jackie and I cannot say enough nice things about her! She was so sweet and really lovely to chat with as she asked me questions about what I was hoping to get from the treatment etc. She was also very professional and made seamless transitions between each part of my treatment, so I had nothing to think about except how amazing I felt (...and how I might go about convincing her to move to Australia to be my personal masseuse...). The treatment included a mini facial and hot stone massage, and to my delight it seemed to go on forever - which is incredible when so often I've found myself just getting into a massage before having it end!

Jackie was very attentive to my needs and applied as much or as little pressure as I wanted (and I like a firm massage) without missing any area or muscle, leaving me super relaxed and totally loosened up. Jackie clearly knows exactly what she's doing and is so great at what she does! This was hands-down the most relaxing experience I've had... I would (and probably will) visit the Big Island again, JUST for this massage, because I don't think I'll ever find a massage or therapist as good anywhere else.

From making the phone call and making our appointment to our treatment's end, the service at Body Rhythms was wonderful. Every member of staff was warm and friendly and welcomed us into the space as though we'd been there 100 times before.

After our treatments were complete, both of my friends agreed that it was incredible as the three of us floated back to our hotel room.
It was a completely flawless experience.
Unbelievable. Cannot recommend it enough.

1  Thank Mafugn