“Fantastic Little Spa in a Lighthouse!”

Body Rhythms Massage and Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Body Rhythms is Kona's most (and best) reviewed spa. We are centrally located, on Kona's "main" street. We invite you to visit us and relax and enjoy the warm, inviting, and unpretentious atmosphere. Located in Kona's iconic lighthouse building, our facility is modest, but is impeccably clean and comfortable. We offer unparalleled service and very reasonable prices. A one hour Body Rhythms treatment is actually over one full hour! All full body massages include a free hot foot soak, foot massage and hot oil foot treatment in addition to your massage time. Body Rhythms has free on-site parking.
Kona, HI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic Little Spa in a Lighthouse!”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I'm a "spa dog", and am experienced in the ways of the spa. Body Rhythms might be tiny, but they make exceedingly good use of their space: including a shower, multiple massage modalities / treatment rooms and a very very chilled out vibe. I'm not sure, but I think they called in a therapist just for me given what I requested, but they did this in such a way that I don't know for sure, so you don't feel horrible for intruding on someone's day off. Finding the lighthouse is easy, if driving, finding the teensy entryway might take a few go-arounds, but, really, as long as you can park, who cares about the parking lot at a spa? These guys get top marks, especially for the all-around experience, e.g. while you're completing the intake form, you get a free foot soak. Highly recommended, will definitely be going there again.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank TheMach2Hippie

Maui Hawaii
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best Massage Ever”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have been fortunate to have had many great massages over the years, and this was quite possibly the very best massage experience ever. My wife booked a two hour special massage for each of us at Body Rhythms, with Angela and Helen. The location was also great. My wife loved her massage with Angela, and said it was her best ever, and Helen was excellent and gave a thorough and expert massage, she was sensitive to my body's needs and was able to be quite strong and firm when she needed to be. I almost fell asleep several times, The massage included a mini facial at the end, and It was a very special experience, and we cannot recommend them highly enough.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank mauinui
Los Angeles
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We got our massages with Wendy and Kathy. It was great! They really hone in on the knots. Nice location...great overall!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank trojane
Waikoloa, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A Pleasant Surprise...”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I recently moved to the Big Island from Seattle for a new position and was looking for a massage place. In Seattle, we have an abundance of massage places to choose from and my husband and I had ,through trial and error, found several different places to get a good massage. We were spoiled because we had found several good massage places ranging from the very economical to the high end luxury spa experience. But moving to a new place we were faced with "starting over" in finding the right combination of therapist, ambience and pricing on the Big Island.

I have tried several massage places on the island in the Kona area. Most were "adequate"-not bad, not great. The three others I tried were quite a bit more expensive than Body Rhythms. One was cramped with only curtains separating the treatment rooms and had an annoying repetitive "world beat" music playing that made it difficult for me to relax. In fairness, the music didn't bother my husband. The resorts' spas of course are nice but very pricey.

I only bring this up because Body Rhythms had the perfect combination I look for in a massage place-a very clean, well designed and decorated environment which makes it easy to relax and unwind. Pleasant music but not overbearing.

Part of the reason we moved to Hawaii was to experience the Aloha spirit. David the owner is very friendly and welcoming and has created an atmosphere that is relaxing but professional. Not pretentious but not too overly informal.

Angela is one of the best massage therapists I have found. Just the right combinations of pressure, just the right combination of trigger point techniques interspersed with smooth, flowing strokes. I don't like to talk during my massages and Angela, while friendly and nurturing, only conversed while checking in to see how I was doing. Her years of experience is very evident.

Because I am in the customer service business, I appreciate good service and like to acknowledge it when I experience it. I don't write many reviews. If you don't have a lot of money to waste trying to find a good massage experience while on the Big Island check them out. I think, like me, you'll be pleased.

Visited March 2012
7 Thank Debbie S
Waikoloa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Highly Recommended Massage on Big Island”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Massage therapy is a important part of my health regimen and as my time and budget allows, I average about 2-3 massages per month. So I consider myself sort of an "expert" when it comes to the good, bad and ugly of massage. I've done the super luxurious (and expensive) high end spa treatments as well as the membership franchises like Massage Envy. Recently I tried a few of the multitude of "Foot Joy" Asian reflexology places popping up everywhere.
With that being said, Body Rhythms was a pleasant surprise on my first visit. David and Angela provide a very nice massage experience. Their place is very clean, well appointed and has a instantly relaxing but informal atmoshpere. They offer a very Aloha spirit. No pretentiousness or snobbiness you find in some higher end spas. Just friendly down to earth service.
Angela is one of the best massage therapists I've had the pleasure of finding. She is very intuitive and seemed to find all the tight and tense spots on my body without me having to tell her. As a matter of fact that is one way I test out new therapists. She passed with flying colors. Just the perfect combination of pressure, trigger point and smooth flowing tranisitions. Very good energy. I felt like I had been seeing her for years on my first visit. If you're in Kona and need a reliable, relaxing massage that won't break the bank go see Angela and David at Body Rhythms. You won't be disappointed. I've recommended them to all my friends and family.

Visited January 2012