The resort was very well looking and the rooms were very nice. Kitchen is well equiped for 4 people in a one bedroom unit. The two bedroom is much bigger but the one bed unit was fine for our family of four.
pros: Nice rooms, speedy service, easy check in, friendly staff(I don't think there was one staff member that didn't say "aloha" to us), landscaping was wonderful with a water feature around every corner
cons: Pools are kinda beat up. There are alot of them but only about 25% of them have a hot spa, working jets, and working lights. This is like the tennis capital of Hawaii so they have about 12 courtsaround which take up alot of space. There is no parking near your unit... you have to park in a garage then walk about 1-3 blocks to your unit. They have 400 golf carts and only one takes people to their unit. Trust me it's easier to walk then call for a cart.
Ok, let me talk about the area of Kona and Keauhou bay. 1st off, if you were thinking about staying in Hilo, you are much better off staying in Kona. There are more activities, and places to dine and go shopping. Hilo is more of a residental place. 2nd, it is a VERY GOOD idea to rent a car because you can't see much without one. Lastly, don't waste your time shopping at the local KTA store for coffee, bread, cereal, etc.. Walmart is much cheaper up the road. Fresh food however must be bought at the KTA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FIVE-TIME WINNER OF THE CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE! With a stunning coastal view of Keauhou Bay's private harbor, the Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village invites you to enjoy your perfect Hawaiian vacation. The Holua Resort offers 73 spacious, air-conditioned villas designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a private lanai or patio with ocean, mountain or golf course view. Step outside your door and enjoy six sparkling swimming pools and whirlpools, 11 world-class tennis courts, 4 pickle ball courts, a fitness facility, and even on-site activities. When you're ready to explore your spectacular surroundings, head out to sea for some of the best sport fishing in the Pacific. Surf crystalline tropical waters in the morning and snow-ski on breathtaking Mauna Kea in the afternoon. From fascinating sights and spectacular natural beauty to endless recreation, the best of the "Big Island" welcomes you Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village for your next romantic getaway, family vacation or golf trip to Hawaii. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Vacatia, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holua Resort at The Mauna Loa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Holua Hotel Kailua Kona
- Holua Resort Mauna Loa Village
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hawaii/Kailua-Kona