Beautiful grounds, very well maintained. There is no real view of the ocean, but the grounds are very tropical and you still feel like you're on a tropical vacation. The whole experience was great, from check-in to check-out. We arrived early, but our room was available right away. The parking lot is not centrally located and it was a bit of a walk to get to our room (we stayed in the furthest area with suites), but a bellman helped us find our room and helped us with our luggage into the room. Other than the initial ride, we had to lug everything (ice chests, beach bags, groceries, etc) back and forth since we never saw a bellman with a golf cart the rest of the time we were there.
The resort amenities are nice, although we never used them. They offer multiple pools and tennis courts, but we were more interested in exploring the island than staying at the resort. We did utilize the BBQ one night which was very convenient (and a money saver!). We did also check out a boogie board, beach chairs and an ice chest from the front desk for the week which was nice to have in the vehicle so if we saw a place to stop on our journey around the island, we would have them handy.
The location of the resort is quite nice, though a bit of a ways from town and beaches. While we stayed, the Ironman World Championships were going on so it was nice to be out of town where all of the athletes were training and away from the course. Beaches are only a few moments drive.
The rooms were comfortable and spacious. The kitchen was well equipped and fully functional. So nice to have full sized fridge/freezer and stove/oven. It was great having the washer and dryer in the unit. The appearance of the rooms were a bit rundown and could use some updating, but definitely not a deal breaker, all things considered.
We went in October for 6 days for our "babymoon" and would definitely return with our newly expanded family again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FIVE-TIME WINNER OF THE CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE! With a stunning coastal view of Keauhou Bay's private harbor, the Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village invites you to enjoy your perfect Hawaiian vacation. The Holua Resort offers 73 spacious, air-conditioned villas designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a private lanai or patio with ocean, mountain or golf course view. Step outside your door and enjoy six sparkling swimming pools and whirlpools, 11 world-class tennis courts, 4 pickle ball courts, a fitness facility, and even on-site activities. When you're ready to explore your spectacular surroundings, head out to sea for some of the best sport fishing in the Pacific. Surf crystalline tropical waters in the morning and snow-ski on breathtaking Mauna Kea in the afternoon. From fascinating sights and spectacular natural beauty to endless recreation, the best of the "Big Island" welcomes you Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village for your next romantic getaway, family vacation or golf trip to Hawaii. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holua Resort at The Mauna Loa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Holua Hotel Kailua Kona
- Holua Resort Mauna Loa Village
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hawaii/Kailua-Kona