This is a great hotel, at super prices considering Kona average prices. It is 10 km from
downtown Kona, in a quiet area, easy to reach.
It’s not the classic tall building, it’s more like a village, because the rooms are located in 2
floors villas, each with 8 large rooms. There are several swimming pools with hot tub and
tennis courts, and a big parking lot.
Check in was easy and everybody was very kind, they gave us lots of information and
granted us late check out for departure, because our flight was at 9 pm. When we
checked out, they stored our luggage for us so we could drive around Kona without
having our valuables in the car.
The price was excellent, just around 100 USD/night, and we had so many amenities. The
room was very large: living room, with a big sofa, TV and a dining table for 4 people, fully
equipped kitchen with microwave and dishwasher, a large bedroom with king bed and
wardrobe, and a large terrace with another table for 4 and a chaise longue. The bathroom
was big and clean and well equipped with shampoo, body wash and pool towels. We even
had ensuite washing machine and dryer, with complimentary detergent. Wi-fi internet
was also complimentary, as was parking. That was much more than what we expected.You access the pool with a password, and you can also use the hot tub. I didn’t try the
tennis courts so I can’t say how it works
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FIVE-TIME WINNER OF THE CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE! With a stunning coastal view of Keauhou Bay's private harbor, the Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village invites you to enjoy your perfect Hawaiian vacation. The Holua Resort offers 73 spacious, air-conditioned villas designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a private lanai or patio with ocean, mountain or golf course view. Step outside your door and enjoy six sparkling swimming pools and whirlpools, 11 world-class tennis courts, 4 pickle ball courts, a fitness facility, and even on-site activities. When you're ready to explore your spectacular surroundings, head out to sea for some of the best sport fishing in the Pacific. Surf crystalline tropical waters in the morning and snow-ski on breathtaking Mauna Kea in the afternoon. From fascinating sights and spectacular natural beauty to endless recreation, the best of the "Big Island" welcomes you Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village for your next romantic getaway, family vacation or golf trip to Hawaii. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holua Resort at The Mauna Loa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Holua Hotel Kailua Kona
- Holua Resort Mauna Loa Village
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hawaii/Kailua-Kona