It was our 30th wedding anniversary and my wife wanted to make it somewhat special as we only had a window of 2 days. Our anniversary was on Nov. 22 which happened to be on Thanksgiving. I made the reservation with Holua and called the local florist to deliver a dozen red roses with a box of chocolates to the front desk. I called Holua and asked if they could set up the roses for my wife as we were traveling from Hilo after her radiation treatment for her breast cancer. I wanted to surprise her. Holua did more than just setting up the roses and the box of chocolates. They added a bottle of Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider which my wife and I enjoy at New Years. We don't drink alcohol. I was surprised to see the bottle with 2 beautiful champagne glasses with the Holua Resort emblem etched in the glass. The bellman brought our suitcases in the 1 bedroom suite and showed us all the amenities. As we walked around the grounds, staff would pass us and always with a smile, greet us with a hello, good morning or some sort of ALOHA. I would suggest staying at this resort over anywhere else on the Kona side of the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FIVE-TIME WINNER OF THE CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE! With a stunning coastal view of Keauhou Bay's private harbor, the Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village invites you to enjoy your perfect Hawaiian vacation. The Holua Resort offers 73 spacious, air-conditioned villas designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a private lanai or patio with ocean, mountain or golf course view. Step outside your door and enjoy six sparkling swimming pools and whirlpools, 11 world-class tennis courts, 4 pickle ball courts, a fitness facility, and even on-site activities. When you're ready to explore your spectacular surroundings, head out to sea for some of the best sport fishing in the Pacific. Surf crystalline tropical waters in the morning and snow-ski on breathtaking Mauna Kea in the afternoon. From fascinating sights and spectacular natural beauty to endless recreation, the best of the "Big Island" welcomes you Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village for your next romantic getaway, family vacation or golf trip to Hawaii. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Vacatia, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Holua Resort at The Mauna Loa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Holua Hotel Kailua Kona
- Holua Resort Mauna Loa Village
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hawaii/Kailua-Kona