We stayed for 3 nights. I reserved a 1 bedroom condo, but they put us up in a 2 bedroom. It was huge. 2 large bedrooms (each with their own bathroom) downstairs. A large living room and 1/2 bath and kitchen upstairs. Everything we needed to cook meals. Very clean place and the beds were very comfy. They provided coffee every day along with sugar/creamer. The condos come with washer/dryer and they provide detergent. After flying from the east coast of the U.S. with 2 kids, having a condo was great the first few days. With the time change, getting up at 5am and having a living room to hang out in was a huge plus. Internet access was fine. The front desk was helpful with every request. They never pressured us into sitting through a timeshare sell. The concierge set us up on a luau and a snorkeling boat trip. The day we checked out they let us use the workout room showers after our snorkeling trip (came back at 2pm) and provided us with towels and soap/shampoo. The snorkeling trip was 1/4 mile walk to the end of the road, which was very convenient. The pools and hot tub were very clean. There are at least 6 pools in the complex, so they were never crowded. It's close (driving) to a grocery/drug store, but about a 6 mile drive to Kona. This wasn't a problem at all and we always found a parking spot in Kona.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FIVE-TIME WINNER OF THE CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE! With a stunning coastal view of Keauhou Bay's private harbor, the Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village invites you to enjoy your perfect Hawaiian vacation. The Holua Resort offers 73 spacious, air-conditioned villas designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a private lanai or patio with ocean, mountain or golf course view. Step outside your door and enjoy six sparkling swimming pools and whirlpools, 11 world-class tennis courts, 4 pickle ball courts, a fitness facility, and even on-site activities. When you're ready to explore your spectacular surroundings, head out to sea for some of the best sport fishing in the Pacific. Surf crystalline tropical waters in the morning and snow-ski on breathtaking Mauna Kea in the afternoon. From fascinating sights and spectacular natural beauty to endless recreation, the best of the "Big Island" welcomes you Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village for your next romantic getaway, family vacation or golf trip to Hawaii. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holua Resort at The Mauna Loa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Holua Hotel Kailua Kona
- Holua Resort Mauna Loa Village
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hawaii/Kailua-Kona