My husband & I started our vacation in Maui for 5 days at an ocean front property on Kaanapali Beach. So my review of Holua Resort may sound alittle tainted. We were disappointed that we didn't pick an ocean front on the Big Island. this property was pretty clean but the bathroom leaves alot to be desired. The property as a whole needs a makeover and updated. It is really out of date. The bathroom looks like my home bathroom did before I updated it and my home was built in the 40's. Needs everything redone!!!! Most of the fountains either don't work or the heads shoot straight up in the air or just trickle. Lets just say we were glad we didn't spend anymore money per night than we did!!!! We've learned our lesson to never go cheap again. I picked this property based on other reviews and the overall rating of #2 of specialty properties. Wow, I have to wonder who the people are that are reviewing this place. We are not picky and we stayed at a Shell Vacation condo in Kauai last year that was lovely so we didn't hesitate. We were so wrong to have stayed here. Just beware. If you want cheap and just want a bed than the Holua will be fine otherwise stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FIVE-TIME WINNER OF THE CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE! With a stunning coastal view of Keauhou Bay's private harbor, the Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village invites you to enjoy your perfect Hawaiian vacation. The Holua Resort offers 73 spacious, air-conditioned villas designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a private lanai or patio with ocean, mountain or golf course view. Step outside your door and enjoy six sparkling swimming pools and whirlpools, 11 world-class tennis courts, 4 pickle ball courts, a fitness facility, and even on-site activities. When you're ready to explore your spectacular surroundings, head out to sea for some of the best sport fishing in the Pacific. Surf crystalline tropical waters in the morning and snow-ski on breathtaking Mauna Kea in the afternoon. From fascinating sights and spectacular natural beauty to endless recreation, the best of the "Big Island" welcomes you Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village for your next romantic getaway, family vacation or golf trip to Hawaii. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holua Resort at The Mauna Loa Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Holua Hotel Kailua Kona
- Holua Resort Mauna Loa Village
- Holua Resort At The Mauna Loa Village Hawaii/Kailua-Kona