“Reasonably priced, good Mexican food.”
Review of El Maguey

El Maguey
Ranked #125 of 290 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Mexican
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Reasonably priced, good Mexican food.”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

The restaurant was full when we got there but only had a short wait for a table. There was only one lady waiting tables and she was working hard but with a very friendly attititude. We both got the pork burrito, one with green sauce and one with red. The burrito was large and packed with a ton of smoky good pork. I loved the green sauce and my husband seemed to like the red. We'll get there a little earlier next time for faster service. I'd love to try some of their other dishes. I'd definitely go back.

“Great, authentic”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

This is a great find, featuring authentic Mexican-American fare. This place is a fairly small hole in a strip mall, but is obviously run by a native Mexican family. (Think, grandma and daughter in the kitchen, and granddaughter working her homework at one of the tables. I'm not sure that was the right mix going on here, but the scene aptly describes what we observed.)

My wife and I had a couple of the traditional combination plates, and were pleased with the quality and quantity of food, all obviously prepared fresh from scratch.

Recommended.

Bend, Oregon
“Large portions of authentic Mexican food.”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

El Maguey offers very good Mexican food of large portions for reasonable price! You will find authentic tamales, homemade tortillas, and tasty salsas. It's a family owned restaurant with good service.