“Was ok but not a trip highlight”
Review of Haleo Luau

Haleo Luau
Book In Advance
More Info
$109.38*
and up
Haleo Luau on the Big Island
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was my families first trip to Hawaii so going to a luau was something I wanted to include. I did a lot of research and everyone of them seamed to have reveiws ranging from amazing to dreadful. I finally decided on this on using the reccommondation from "Hawaii the Big Island revealed". They tell you to get there for 4:30pm and then you stand in a line for at least an hour before they begin to seat you. It is a pretty small area so we did not bother with the upgraded seating and we were able to see fine.
The pre dinner activities was kinda cool, where you could try learn some hula, get temporary tatooes, or try the fire dance.
Food was plentiful, we were the last table to be called up but they kept making sure all the selections were available. The food was not bad but not great either (had much better food on the Body Glove dinner cruise).
The show was interesting, and entertaining but nothing really out of the ordinary.
It was about what I had expected, I would say it was worth it since it seamed like almost a mandatory thing when going to Hawaii, (it would be like going to Paris and not going to the Eifel Tower). It is not something that I would do again if I go back to Hawaii.

2  Thank J-Me M

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

This is the second luau I have attended, and this one was my favorite. This one was a much smaller affair than the first, and I definitely enjoyed it more. Great food and a great show! Super nice staff and beautiful setting. (As a tip on luaus in general: I advise paying for the upgrade if you can afford it. For a couple extra bucks you go first in line and sit up front). There are also some activities (hula dancing, etc) to participate in if you like. Cost about the same as the bigger production, too. I recommend this event whether you've done a luau before or not!

3  Thank Locklairsgirl
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Before the meal we were given the opportunity to get instruction in Hula Dancing and other native dances. Dinner was a buffet (no digging up the pig) - drinks were included until the show began. The show was professional and well done. We enjoyed our evening at the beautiful secluded Luau site with view of the ocean as the sun set.

2  Thank Ellen M
Reviewed October 28, 2013

i have been to many luau shows but this luau show is number one in my book. Myself and my daughter really enjoyed the beautifull voices of your musicians and the creativity of your cast. I will refer my friends from work and also my family to attend your show.. Great job!

6  Thank Doris1948
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I usually have a hard time getting into these 'manufactured experience' kind of things, but, we figured to give it a go since we were in Hawaii. We thought the show part of the evening was very good and interesting as they performed traditional dances from multiple Polynesian Islands rather than just Hawaiian. The performers were very entertaining.

The food.....well....it's probably difficult to prepare food for a couple hundred people in buffet-style and have it taste top-notch. I would liken it to a very average quality wedding reception buffet dinner. It was Hawaiian themed food, but nothing to write home about. You could get much better quality at any of the restaurants in the area.

If there were a way to just see the show and skip the food, I'd do that, but it's not possible. So, enjoy the show and make do with mediocre food.

3  Thank eurocarpaul