“So great, we went twice!”

Kona Ocean Adventures
Ranked #5 of 200 Tours in Kailua-Kona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Winner of the 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and now 2017 Trip Advisor Certificate of excellence!. Come Experience the Kona Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii like never before. Private charters are our specialty! With a group tour, Swim with the spinner dolphins, snorkel with the manta rays at night, whale watch (seasonal),scuba dive or with a private charter, customize your water experience with Kona Ocean Adventures. No crowds, no rush, just a safe and exceptional trip for all. Family vacation, a spiritual journey, honeymoon, or simply looking to experience a once in a lifetime adventure, you have come to right place. We now have 3 boats to accommodate various size groups. With over 17 years of experience working the Hawaiian Islands, Captain Danny, Captain Laure and their crew will make your adventure a memorable one. We speak English, French, Japanese and Spanish (simply request a guide for that language if needed on your adventure)
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We went on the dolphin snorkling excursion on Dec. 30 and had the time of our lives. On the way to swim with the dolphins, we saw humpback whales and pilot whales. Captain Danny let us know when it was time to jump in and play! Lindsay was there to help everyone feel comfortable about snorkeling and being around the ocean wildlife. We had an incredible time swimming shoulder to fin with a huge pod of about 300 dolphins. LIndsay was even able to video my husband and me as we free dived with a group of dolphins and she emailed it to us. That was the best souvenir ever! We all enjoyed a great lunch on board and then went back in for more. We were even fortunate to see the endangered monk seal. My husband and 2 sons and I absolutely loved it. Danny and LIndsay were great and we decided to go on another trip with them 2 days later to another fantastic snorkeling adventure at Kealakekua Bay! Our trips with them made our trip unforgettable! We will definitely look up our new friends on our next trip.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We chartered a boat for my daughters 12th bday for early morning January 2nd. Within 15 minutes we had spotted 3 whales, up next dolphins-dolphins-dolphins... literally hundreds of them. Our captain received a call on the radio- we buzzed over and swam with a whale shark! Simply amazing experience. The crew- Sara and our captain were excellent. They both made my mother and the kids feel at home in the water and with wildlife. The food was excellent- fresh guacamole and they even brought out a birthday cake! It was truly an amazing experience, one that no one will forget. Mahalo, Mahalo, Mahalo... you were the best part of our 2 week vacation!

2  Thank Liberty Z
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Would like to give a shout out to kona ocean adventures and their amazing staff from someone whom is not easily impressed. My friends and I had the pleasure of doing 2 excursions with them. Captain Andy was extremely knowledgable about the history and folklore of this Hawaiian island as well as marine biology. On the dolphin excursion it was amazing how when we jumped in the water we could hear the dolphins and then Sara led us right to where they were! She also made sure we all were comfortable in the water as well as happy and content on the boat. The food spread they prepared after the dolphin swim was so delicious! I was very apprehensive about swimming in the ocean at night but with my friends peer pressuring me into going I just had to. The night of the manta ray there was big swell but with captain Andy behind the wheel we knew we were safe. Nothing better than being on a boat in Hawaii with my best friends, a beautiful sunset, whales, and good tunes! We got to the manta site Sara explained in detail what we would be doing in the water and we geared up! We ended up having a private show of 3 manta rays under our board! Truly amazing. We even got hot chocolate for the ride home. No corners were cut and they made us feel like we were friends rather than customers. Highly recommended company can't wait to come back. Shoot I might even move here
-Alex

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We had a great morning swimming with the dolphins, our boat captain was entertaining and our guide was great making sure that we were able to get the most time swimming with the dolphins. So lovely to see these amazing spinner dolphins in their natural habitat and not in a dolphin prison. After our swim we were served great snacks and cold drinks/beer.This is a must do in Kona and use Kona Ocean Adventures as you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Spent an incredible evening in the water with 7 gorgeous and graceful manta rays. Andy and Lindsay were our guides and made sure we had a fantastic experience. This the second time I have done the manta ray swim with Kona Ocean Adventures and I would strongly recommend them.