“vegan traveller”
Review of Java on the Rock - CLOSED

Java on the Rock
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: We are a popular coffeehouse attracting locals and visitors, serving award-winning Kona coffee, incredible espresso drinks and a light breakfast with fresh exotic tropical fruit. Sit with your feet in the sand next to the water watching turtles, reef fish, and spinner dolphins at play. We grow, roast and process our coffee from farm to cup. Free wi-fi and computer available.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

great vegan food & other food too, good service, right on the sea front, clean & nice atmosphere. live music through the day too.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was not one of our favorite places to eat, as it was not particularly clean, the toasters were not working properly, and you had to pay for a coffee refill. As you entered the place, you ordered your food. You toasted your own bread/bagels, got your coffee, but the rest of your food was brought to the table. They also have an area to eat that has sand for the flooring, which did not seem really fit for the place. We ate in the upper area that had regular flooring. However, it has an ocean front view, the experience was enjoyable.

Bruce C, Owner at Java on the Rock, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

I'm sorry to hear you had a less-than-great experience. I am guessing that the cleanliness comment was probably about the condiment station and toaster area. We have new staff and have had huge crowds and I'm guessing the staff was not on top of tidying those areas. I've spoken to them about it. I do want to say that sanitation in our food prep area is a high priority for us. We have a special manual and devote specific training to that. I say this so people know that our highest priority is sanitation and cleanliness in regard to food prep. The toasters work but we have had to block off some slots because too many on at once trips the circuit. We always appreciate it when people can make these comments in person - we have a manager on duty at all times. Mahalo!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Love waking up at Java on the Rock. Great espresso drinks and yummy pastries. 10% discount for paying cash.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We walked past this place several times while we were staying at Kona Reef. I thought it was just a coffee house, but when we stopped in on our last day I was surprised to see a full breakfast menu. After a week of eating so-so food throughout the rest of town, I was thrilled to find this place. The breakfast was beautiful and delicious. If I had discovered it earlier in our trip I would have eaten here every day for breakfast!

Our mission was to serve a fresh and healthy breakfast. So glad you enjoyed our place!
Andrea

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Enjoyed several mornings enjoying a breakfast with my family. Great coffee and I loved that fresh fruit came with each meal! Free wi-fi too!

Bruce C, Owner at Java on the Rock, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Mahalo nui!! We love giving people more reasons to enjoy life!
Andrea