It was my fifth time on the Big island, and by far the best stay. It was even better than my stay at the North Shore on Oahu the previous year. Totally relaxing, away from the hustle and bustle of the city with great view of the sunset. The unit where I stayed was close to the main entrance, so the sound of cars going out of the complex in the morning was a little loud, but I am sure that the other units do not have this problem. I have two small kids and they were running around the living room, which seem to shake a little (I felt it lying on the couch) which made me worried that the unit below may hear my kids running. The unit above seemed to be empty, so I did not hear anything myself, but if it was occupied, we probably would of heard foot steps. Also, the water pressure from the showers seemed a little low. Other than that, it was a perfect stay for a family who needs to get away from it all, and at the same time the Keauhou shopping center just minutes away makes it convenient to shop for groceries or to have an inexpensive night out. I'd recommend this to my friends and family.
p.s. Bugs... you can't do away with bugs in Hawaii. I got a few bites too, but they wont kill you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kona Coast Resort on Hawaii's Big Island sits on 21 acres of lush, tropical gardens and offers spectacular views of palm trees and calm waters. 267 spacious and air-conditioned villas at Kona Coast Resort are designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a magnificent Pacific coastline view or a manicured tropical garden view from its private lanai or patio and include full kitchens and all of the comforts of home. Enjoy two swimming pools (one family pool with a children’s pool and one quiet spa pool), three Jacuzzis, sauna, playground, tennis courts, volleyball, fitness center, and on-site activities like hula lessons and dive instruction. The abundance of things to do on the Big Island found within easy distance of the Kona Coast Resort is as remarkable as it is exhilarating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Vacatia, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kona Coast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Coast Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Coast Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona