Stayed 3 nights at the Kona Coast Resort in a 2 bedroom condo. it was luxurious!
Only disappointing thing is that Check in is at 4pm. Us Aussies are used to 2pm at the latest but apparently in Hawaii 3pm is more the norm but I think 4pm is too late. Sunset was 6.30pm.
This place is huge. You need a map to navigate.
Our condo was only about 100 metres from the main pool and restaurant. We had two huge bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (ensuite with huge spa bath), great kitchen, lounge and balcony. Also laundry facilities included. Three televisions with cable TV options. TV's all inside cupboards which is another new "Hawaiian/US custom" I guess as we experienced this in other places we stayed in Maui and Oahu.
There is no sea views here, which we knew before we booked. I note that some other reviewers were disappointed. I guess they didn't research enough and just booked the resort on name only.
The pool is large although don't be fooled by the virtual tour shots online: that makes the pool look like about 3 acres!!
The "restaurant/cafe/bar" is called Aloha Fridays and was great value with very friendly staff. We ate here 2 nights.Very relaxed. Great views to the ocean across the golf course.
The resort appears well managed, very clean, good security and ground staff are always friendly.
This is a time share resort. If you sign up to a 90 minute information session, you receive a discount card that enables you to buy all activities at about half price and get a $50 credit as well! We declined because it would be a waste of time for us but personally I don't need the "hard sell" while on vacation.
While very pleased with the resort, if we venture to the Big Island again, we would stay in Kona itself. A good looking little town that would give you more variety in eating and entertainment. You have to drive from the resort to Kona, too far to walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kona Coast Resort on Hawaii's Big Island sits on 21 acres of lush, tropical gardens and offers spectacular views of palm trees and calm waters. 267 spacious and air-conditioned villas at Kona Coast Resort are designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a magnificent Pacific coastline view or a manicured tropical garden view from its private lanai or patio and include full kitchens and all of the comforts of home. Enjoy two swimming pools (one family pool with a children’s pool and one quiet spa pool), three Jacuzzis, sauna, playground, tennis courts, volleyball, fitness center, and on-site activities like hula lessons and dive instruction. The abundance of things to do on the Big Island found within easy distance of the Kona Coast Resort is as remarkable as it is exhilarating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Kona Coast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Coast Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Coast Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona