I haven't been able to figure out why they called it the "Kona Coast" Resort. There is no coast. It's cut off from the coast, in fact, by a lovely golf course. Fortunately enough for me, when I travelled here in March 2012, the golf course was closed and we could waltz right across it to the blowhole located right on the water's edge. I don't know if the golf course is still closed at this point, but if you want some free golf, consider this place. There were a few people teeing off just for the heck of it and practising putting. My personal two upsides to this place were the sofa-bed and the wildlife. I like a hotel where I can actually fall asleep on the sofa-bed, and this was one of those rare places.
The wildlife was beautiful. Birds everywhere, and I mean everywhere! Watch your breakfast or they will be enjoying it.
Staff are friendly and helpful, and didn't hesitate to help me locate a missing piece of electronics.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kona Coast Resort on Hawaii's Big Island sits on 21 acres of lush, tropical gardens and offers spectacular views of palm trees and calm waters. 267 spacious and air-conditioned villas at Kona Coast Resort are designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a magnificent Pacific coastline view or a manicured tropical garden view from its private lanai or patio and include full kitchens and all of the comforts of home. Enjoy two swimming pools (one family pool with a children’s pool and one quiet spa pool), three Jacuzzis, sauna, playground, tennis courts, volleyball, fitness center, and on-site activities like hula lessons and dive instruction. The abundance of things to do on the Big Island found within easy distance of the Kona Coast Resort is as remarkable as it is exhilarating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Kona Coast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Coast Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Coast Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona