We last visited the Kona Coast Resort back in December of 2009, and are happy to say that the level of service, cleanliness and attractiveness of the resort has not diminished over the years. We own a timeshare, although not at this location, however we are able to trade for this resort. It is a good trade. There are zillions of timeshare resorts up and down the Kona side of the island, and we're happy with our choice a second time.
There were three in our party, two of us shared the master suite, our third member used the pull out sofa in the living room. Our room was a bit smaller than the first time we were at the Kona Coast Resort, however it was plenty big. Loved that it had two bathrooms, a decently appointed kitchen, decent furniture and a lovely lanai with appropriate and plentiful patio furniture.
We did not have a view of the water, instead we were looking over the gold course which is undergoing renovations, and was closed to visitors. There are two pools, one deemed a quiet pool, so no happy, squeeling kids there. The main pool also has an outdoor restaurant where you can enjoy a casual lunch or dinner. We did not use the restaurant this trip, but as I recall it was just fine.
I would recommend this resort to any who wish to travel to the Big Island, and in particular, those who may be traveling on a budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kona Coast Resort on Hawaii's Big Island sits on 21 acres of lush, tropical gardens and offers spectacular views of palm trees and calm waters. 267 spacious and air-conditioned villas at Kona Coast Resort are designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a magnificent Pacific coastline view or a manicured tropical garden view from its private lanai or patio and include full kitchens and all of the comforts of home. Enjoy two swimming pools (one family pool with a children’s pool and one quiet spa pool), three Jacuzzis, sauna, playground, tennis courts, volleyball, fitness center, and on-site activities like hula lessons and dive instruction. The abundance of things to do on the Big Island found within easy distance of the Kona Coast Resort is as remarkable as it is exhilarating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Kona Coast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Coast Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Coast Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona