Kona Coast Resort
Travelocity
Royal Kona Resort(Kailua-Kona)
$155
  • Beachfront
Kona Reef Resort(Kailua-Kona)(Great Value!)
$165
$159
Travelocity
$1,310
$939
1,657 results
All reviewskona coastgolf coursephase iigrocery storemain poolshopping center across the streetfull kitchenthe big islandair conditioningactivities centerwasher and dryerliving roomtime shareshell vacationsvaulted ceilingsquiet pooltimeshare exchange
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Having spent a week at the Kona Coast Resort, I must say I was delighted as I ventured around the property. Everything was spotless and clean, the rooms elegant and spacious, plentiful parking, delicious food, the pools and hot tubs were clean, clear and not over chlorinated. We could not have asked for a better location to enjoy a short winter getaway!

Room Tip: Any room would have been great as we didn't spend much time in them, but if you're bringing family, the 2 bedroom can sleep actually sleep about 8.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2013

2/15 thru 2/22 my stay at the Kona Coast Resort was excellent. The moment I walked in the office I was greeted with smiles and service. I was 3 hours early and not only checked in right away, I was upgraded to a 3 bedroom. The property is immaculate. Although not a beach front property, it is completely design for comfort. The "quiet" pool was very nice to relax at and soak in the never ending Hawaiian sun. Half a block up the road is a convenient shopping center and 1/4 mile down the road is Magic Sands beach, great for snorkeling, picnicking and sun bathing. We'll be back for sure

2  Thank Tim M
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just came back from a week long stay. Fortunate booked into Bldg 24 so had a nice fariway and ocean view from lanai. Wonderful spot for sunsets and even whale watching. 2 bathrooms/one bedroom with nice size kitchen. A nice small touch...at each BBQ site found raised garden bed where you could choose fresh herbs under a "take only what you need" set of rules. Overall condition was satisfactory. Carpet could have benefited from a deep steam cleaning. Good central spot to explore the big island. If you want mega resort feel with lots of on site touristy amenities...need to go to Kohola and pay more $$$. Kona Coast more laid back and great value for the money.

Room Tip: Phase Ii bldgs (20-27) can have partial ocean views. Upper units better views than ground floor.
2  Thank Retiredhokie
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We booked the Resort online and are very pleased with the facilities. The grounds are very well maintained, the staff is very friendly and so helpful with anything you need. The restaurant is very reasonably priced (for Hawaii) and the food has been excellent. Our unit is very clean and nicely decorated. The kitchen has most of the things you would need to cook with and the grocery store is very close by.
I would here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lodigirl23
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I and another couple just returned from a six-night stay at Kona Coast Resort, which we used as our base for exploring The Big Island. Our experience there was nothing less than great. When we checked in, we were informed that we had been upgraded from a two-bedroom to a three-bedroom unit. The condo was spacious and served us well for making most of our meals at the unit. We booked with the Go Green promotion, saving us 25%, and this was a wise decision, as we had fresh towels every day and trash emptied by the housekeeping crew.

With a grocery store right across the street, this location could not be beat. It is much more relaxed and quiet than staying in the more touristy area of downtown Kailua-Kona, but within easy cycling and transit distance of all the shops and restaurants, which are five miles away. There are trolley and local bus stops within a 5 -10 minute walk of the resort. I was just sorry I had not brought my folding bike along, although you can rent one at Hawaiian Pedals in downtown Kona. There are also lots of great places to walk.

The one peeve I had about our stay was that we came back from a day-long outing to find a note on our door saying that a pest control company would be spraying in the unit the next day. We had no problem with bugs, and we called the front desk to say that we did not want our unit sprayed while we were staying there. The front desk agent said she would honor our request, but the next day the pest control guy started walking to our unit and said he never received any message. Fortunately, we were there at the time, so we did not get our unit sprayed.

Other than this one bothersome incident, we loved the place, especially eating breakfast on the lanai every morning, watching the myna birds, finches and mongooses. I would highly recommend this resort, as it is a great value for what you get.

4  Thank hiker017