My wife and I loved staying here as it was away from the busy traffic of Kona town but within walking distance of a nearby shopping center. We rented a condo via VRBO.com and it was amazingly spacious for a 1 bedroom. Every room was over sized and the lanai faced the ocean so we had spectacular sunsets every night. Enjoyed the peace and quiet of the adult quiet pool where you could relax on a lounger and read a book without noise or jarring music.
You do need a car to see the major sites on the Big Island as it really is big. But we could also walk to farmers markets and to the best snorkel beach on the island. Would come back here again and definitely recommend this resort to family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kona Coast Resort on Hawaii's Big Island sits on 21 acres of lush, tropical gardens and offers spectacular views of palm trees and calm waters. 267 spacious and air-conditioned villas at Kona Coast Resort are designed with a Hawaiian flair. Each comfortable villa offers a magnificent Pacific coastline view or a manicured tropical garden view from its private lanai or patio and include full kitchens and all of the comforts of home. Enjoy two swimming pools (one family pool with a children’s pool and one quiet spa pool), three Jacuzzis, sauna, playground, tennis courts, volleyball, fitness center, and on-site activities like hula lessons and dive instruction. The abundance of things to do on the Big Island found within easy distance of the Kona Coast Resort is as remarkable as it is exhilarating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelPower so you can book your Kona Coast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Coast Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Coast Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona