“Basic Acai and good for you at Basik”
Review of Basik Acai

Basik Acai
Ranked #17 of 296 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 26, 2014

A super thick smoothly with granola, hemp, Acai, blueberries, strawberries and more was a quite healthy, appealing and tasty morning treat at Basik. We just loved how yummy it was and good for you. The service was helpful and accommodated the fact that my wife does not eat bananas even though bananas were a staple of all the concoctions on the menu.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Beautiful lei making and great view and spot to sit and relaxed. We loved its location so close to the resort.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We tried this placed based on the TripAdvisor reviews. It was so good after the first day, I went back twice more before we left Kona! Of course now I can't remember which ones I got... but my favorite was the one with peanut butter--I believe it was the Banyan Bowl. I detest banana and of course every single thing on the menu contains bananas (it's part of the base) but the staff was very accommodating and made mine with no bananas. At any rate, the bowl was amazing! I wasn't sure about the PB in the mix but it was so good! Their granola is also amazing, not to mention the amazing quality of the fresh fruit and other goodies on top. We also tried the Puna Bowl which was also really good. It was definitely pricey but for only a couple of dollars more you could get a large, which looked to be almost twice the size of the small--so get a large and share! Very tasty, very filling, and very healthy! GO HERE!!!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Basik is a little tough to find and upstairs but worth the hunt. We had a small Banyon and Drifter and were pleasantly full for hours. Cool and refreshing with tons of flavor and texture. Nice satisfying crunch to boot, we will come back soon. Easy to see why it is so highly rated.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Tried the "drifter" and went back for a second the next day. Really tasty snack, but a small will run you about $10. If you don't know this, the Acai bowl is basically like a fruit sorbet that is served with sprinkles of granola, cut fruit, and other tasty things.