“great start to your day”
Review of Basik Acai

Basik Acai
Ranked #14 of 296 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 15, 2014

next door to the Royal Kona Resort, up stairs from a snorkel place. everything thing is fresh and local. my wife and I shared the large Puma bowl and did not need to eat again until dinner. there is nothing negative about food or service. if you miss this place it is your loss. if I was a local I would eat here every chance I could..

Reviewed January 13, 2014

This little place is tucked up in a bulding on the second floor across from Huggo's in Kailua Kona. We walked into town from our rental house and decided to try it based on Yelp suggestions. We were so happy we did. It's a little nothing building that could easily be overlooked. It's delicious healthy, and reasonably priced. I just wish we found it earlier, I could see going there every morning. There are a few basic bowls and lots of additions if you choose. So fresh and delicious. I highly recommend it. Not a lot of seating at the restaurant itself but we took ours to the water and ate there. Terrific!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

The Banyan Bowl is my favorite. One bowl fills me up for hours. The seating is scarce, but if you're waiting downstairs they'll bring it down for you.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We went everyday, except New Year's Day, our last day, when it was closed. We were crushed that it was closed. Honestly, I don't know what the secret is, but it really hit the spot for us. I loved the Banyan Bowl. I tried the Mayan Mint bowl ( you can ask for it) but the banyan was my favorite. My sons loved it as well. We could rely on consistent results no matter who was working. The toppings were generously applied. We always ate in, thus enjoyed the frosted ceramic bowls they use. Adds to the experience. Best fast food I've had in years. Good and good for you...

Reviewed January 4, 2014

What a cool little place. Be prepared to eat a lot if you get the full bowl. The fruit and Acai is all incredible fresh and expertly prepared by a smiley faced group of folks. Limited seating in and out but usually its not hard to find a place to sit and enjoy your food.