“500 lbs of Topshape Fun”

TOPSHAPE Kona Sports Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Imagine a day on a luxurious 43' Cabo trolling the world-famous fishing grounds of Kona, Hawaii with Owner/Operator, Captain Al Gustavson. Our immaculately maintained 43' Cabo is an epitome of luxury gamefishing in Hawaii. With an air conditioned salon, Wi-Fi, master stateroom, shower and state-of-the-art amenities, TOPSHAPE is one of the most comfortable fishing charters you will ever experience. Captain Al Gustavson, the owner and operator of TOPSHAPE, has been fishing the waters off the Kona coast for over 25 years. So, whether you're seeking an elusive grander (1000+ lb billfish) or are looking to catch some of the Ahl (tuna), Mahi Mahi (dolphinfish), Ono (wahoo) or other gamefish in Hawaii, TOPSHAPE fishing is where it's at.
Chico, California
“500 lbs of Topshape Fun”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

My quest for my first blue marlin finally turned into one of the most exciting days of my life. The quest ran its course over a 13-year period and 21 fishing trips. My poor husband had to go on many an “eight hour boat ride” as anytime the rod went down I got the chair. The unlucky 13 finally turned up a 500lb marlin aboard the Topshape with Captain (extraordinaire) Al Gustavson at the helm, Suzanne Gustavson fabulously coaching me all the way and first-rate mate John crewing like a true professional.

If you want a memorable fishing trip aboard a beautiful, clean boat with first class equipment and professional care then Topshape Kona Fishing is the charter for you.
These folks really care and want to get you on the fish. The captain & crew are terrific and they truly know the local water. Awesome, amazing, relaxing, fantastic, and fun are just a few words to describe my marlin adventure! I highly recommend Topshape for your next fishing adventure whether it’s your 1st t time or your 21st time you’ll love it. Keep the Lines Tight!

Visited October 2011

Seattle, Washington
“Amazing Trip”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Al runs an amazing operation. I took my 10 yr. old son and my father in law and was a little bit worried whether they would have fun or if they would get bored out on the water - it ended up being the highlight of our time in Hawaii and both my son and father in law keep asking when we can go again which I was happy to arrange. The boat, crew and gear are all top notch - I can't say enough good things about Al and fishing with him.

Visited April 2011
Hawi, Hawaii
“Last day of November - Top Shape!!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Looks like we left the BEST for last!!!
a 425 - 450 Blue Marlin, 2 Mahimahi +
To bad there is not a six star rating - it was.

Visited November 2011
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Greatest experience in Hawaiian waters”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My family and I went out on fishing while visiting Hawaii and had the best experience with the crew from TOPSHAPE. The hospitality on board was fantastic, always making sure all the passengers were happy and not feeling sea-sick. The crew were also very social and had many good stories to tell about tournaments and an insight into what sports fishing is and what it means to them.
The boat itself was unbelievable, so comfortable either on deck or in the cabin.
If you are ever in Kona on the Big Island and looking for an adventure, TOPSHAPE Kona Sports Fishing is the place to go.
10/10 for Captain Al and crew.
Mahalo

Visited January 2011
Kailua Kona, Hawaii
“Unforgettable experience on Topshape”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Excellent crew with Capt Al being very knowledgeable and experienced. John, Suzanne, & Capt Al are all willing to share what they know about boating, fishing and the Kona waters. Gorgeous boat and a beautiful trip. It doesn't get any better than this! I highly recommend a grand fishing charter on Topshape.

Visited August 2011