“Great service, very friendly”

Scandinavian Shave Ice
Ranked #1 of 19 Dessert in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Santa Cruz, California
“Great service, very friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Was very fun to find out about how they make the shave ice - with or without ice cream. Very friendly owner and staff.

• Korean first
Lethbridge, Alberta
“Restaurant? No.. But Crazy Good? Yes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Saw this under "restaurants" - which it isn't.. But that being said, it was awesome! A hundred flavors, and add some ice cream in the middle, and you have island magic! You HAVE to try this! And the server was great - friendly and fun.

1 Thank Roblaw
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

These guys take making you the perfect shaved hawaiian ice seriously! Add ice cream like I did Vanilla Macadamia Nut ! Amazing! Downtown So you can sit and eat it and watch sunset over the ocean!

Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“What a fun place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

With so many colorful plastic cup filled with shave ice being eaten by people walking nearly, I figured this was going to be good. I have no idea why they are called “Scandinavian” as they are Hawaiian. But then again neither did the two servers…

There are quite a few options in the store, it is a bit overwhelming which is why I am glad they have a list of the most “popular” shave ice combinations. I ordered a “keiki” size on recommendation of my server and was very glad I listened as it was the largest “child” size portion I ever had. I chose the one with coconut, mango and lychee (I think). It has tapioca in the center as well as a small scoop of ice cream (my choice and I selected lychee) at the bottom.

Yum! Need I say more...

• Visited May 2013
West Fargo, North Dakota
“Yummy for your tummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We tried more than one shave ice place on the Big Island and this was the best! We even visited more than once during our week-long vacation! They had tons of flavors and delicious ice cream and FREE parking nearby! Our favorite was the Rainbow with coconut ice cream!