“Yummy and Refreshing!!”

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Sooooo good!! So many flavors it's hard to make up your mind. Plan to go multiple times! Splurge and get it with ice cream. I had vanilla ice cream with blackberry, red raspberry and haupia flavors - YUMMY!! The ice cream was rich and creamy and the shave ice syrups were full of flavor!!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was the last stop we made before pulling out of town. My son had read about it on Yelps and demanded we stop. I am soooo glad he did. The best shaved ice I have ever had bar none. Can't wait to repeat the visit next time I'm on the big island.

1  Thank Mrmugooo
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was my first time to Hawai'i, and my first time having Shave Ice. What can I say? It was simply luscious! I had had what I think they called the Tropical Trio of coconut, guava, and mango. Wow! Super delicioso and not too sweet either. I cannot imagine anyone being dissapointed by visiting this little shop. Mahalo guys!

2  Thank rivers56
Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you like shaved ice, this is the best in Kona. Not cheap, but good portions and tasty(sugary) syrups. The quality of the ice is great. They have many flavors, including tropical flavors, that are sugar free and sugarfree is hard to get in Hawaii. My sin is getting it with a core of ice cream --delish! There are toppings over toppings. The usual flavors, tropical flavors and unusual flavors. Have fun with it. Friendly and patient staff, even when crowded.

2  Thank Mimi R
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I used to think shaved ice was just the locals way of charging more for a snow cone. But I couldn't have been more wrong. The best place to try a shaved ice is at the Scandinavian. The regular size is HUGE, while the baby size is still large. They offer dozens of flavors and will even make it with a scoop of ice cream in the middle (which didn't appeal to us). I thought the pricing was very reasonable for what you get. Don't miss it!