“GREAT LIGHT TACKLE FISHING”

C. Hawk Sea Service
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed for family excitement. We offer Deep Sea Fishing, Snorkeling, Whales, dolphins. We provide the option of multiple activities to create an unforgettable, yet affordable experience. 2 boats to choose from to meet everyone's budget.
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I went with C.Hawk because I wanted more action... NOT trolling for 1 BIG bite, I said I wanted to go "catching, not fishing"

We had caught 1 34lb Mahi, Mahi plus 2 good sized yellow fin tuna and 4 smaller rainbow tuna...

To top off the GREAT fishing, Captain Craig Hawkins said i could keep any of the fish to cook and eat (most boats in this area, the fish belong to the boat) GREAT time, GREAT catch, GREAT eating later.

1  Thank nfwjlw

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Captain Craig of C.Hawk totally exceeded all our expectations. It was the most perfect day. We had some beautiful weather on his 21 ft boat, & all the equipment we could need for fishing and snorkeling. It was Our 20th wedding anniversary and we were going to go on a Helicopter tour of the volcano and waterfalls here on the the Big Island, and after driving the day before for 2.5 hrs through the very early morning hours (at 4:30 am) to get to the other side of the Island (to Hilo), we were tired and crushed to find that the heavy rain had cancelled our trip after waiting an hour for the rain to stop. BUT - Not disappointed though now after we had today's fabulous excurtion instead. 10 mins from our hotel, our day started at 7am at the nearby harbour boat launch at the BITE ME. We swam in an area where the dolphins were, learned some interesting facts about the sea, land surrounding area, and....oh ya, did I mention... I caught a 20lb Yellowfin Tuna. (ok, my husband caught one too about the same size, as well as two more Skip Jack's a bit smaller), but what a rush! Craig tailored the day around our interests, such as fishing then dolphins and snorkeling etc., Very reasonably priced for our 5 hour morning. He also cleaned and prepared the tuna for us to make for dinner tonight, and gave us a great tip on a wonderful place for lunch on our way back from fishing. Couldn't have had a better day! Thanks Craig! Katie & John from Vancouver, BC Canada

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Just got off the boat and couldn't wait to sit down and share the 'fun factor' of our day. My husband and I and our two teens did a private 5 hour boat charter. Craig, the owner/operator was our tour guide and he basically gave us the freedom to choose our itinerary for the day. We wanted to catch some BIG fish so he trolled for about 2 hours for marlin and such. Unfortunately the marlins weren't biting today so we tried 'tuna' fishing- caught a nice 40 pound yellowfin, first time ever! Craig was great with instructing me, and then my husband about the correct way to haul in this fish. It was very exciting for all of us!! Craig was great about setting up the bait, etc. He cleaned the fish for us too. Craig also accomodated my desire to swim with the spinner dolphins. Even though they were sleeping it was really cool to watch them dive down and then come up to the surface to breathe (they sleep in the afternoon). We could have stopped at various places to snorkel as well (we just wanted to fish) but Craig was willing and super nice about it! Hope you get the opportunity to have some fun out there with C Hawk, we sure did!!

Reviewed July 21, 2011

We only had a few days to spend on the Big Island during our 2 week vacation that included Maui, Hawaii, and Ohau. We previously took one of those "Big" advertised snorkeling trips on Maui, to the Molokini Crater and Lanai, which, was good for coral and seeing multiple varieties of fish, BUT, we wanted to see and swim w/ Dolphins, especially my 11 &13 year old daughters. Captn' Craig Hawk was truly a great dolphin finder and host. He knew where to go, what to do, and how to find them. We spent over an hour and a half in the waters w/ at least 5-6 or more dolphin pods this afternoon. My 11 yr old daughter counted over 48 dolphins on this trip. Truly breathtaking and totally amazing. We had the entire cove to ourselves w/out the 50+ other people on those other more expensive tours. It was so easy to hear their sonar squeaks both above the water and below the water around us. The entire trip was approx. 3 hours from noon to 3 and Captn' Craig made the most of it for my entire family. I personally lost track of how many spinner dolphins jumped, leaped, and spun out of the water the entire time. I, along w/ my family watched dolphins in the water, below us, next to us, and swimming towards us in multiple pods. We even got to see some babies swimming w/ their moms. I watched a dolphin swim seriously about 3 ft in front of my wife at one time w/ the snorkel gear he provided. Captn' Craig was excellent and I and my family thank him for being so gracious for taking us out and letting us have such a memorable time from our 2-wk trip to Hawaii in 1 afternoon.
Totally Amazed, mezmorized, and still raving & talking about it,
The Cizauskas Family, South Central, PA.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

After considering several fishing charters, we chose Craig Hawkins of C. Hawk Sea Service and could not have been happier with our choice. My husband and 3 boys ages 11, 13 and 17 went out for a half day trip. The rate was much more reasonable than several others and Craig was a great person to go out with for both my husband and the kids. They are all beginning fisherman but with Craig's help they were very proud to catch some small tuna and a 64 lb Ahi! Craig filleted the fish and offered all we wanted with no extra charge. When the boys got a little tired of fishing, he let them stop and snorkel. They even found a pod of dolphins. Craig provided both the snorkel and fishing equipment. Everyone had a great adventure and personal service at reasonable rates. We will definitely book a tour with Craig next time we go to Hawaii!