“L&L is a local favorite!”

L&L Hawaiian Barbecue
Ranked #70 of 292 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Description: Keauhou Shopping Ctr. location, not the one on Palani Dr.
Description: Keauhou Shopping Ctr. location, not the one on Palani Dr.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

No matter where I am in Hawaii, there seems to be an L&L and it's always full of locals--a sign of favorite dishes! L&L is more, much more, than Hawaiian Barbecue. The menu is quite extensive, with dishes I have never heard of. And, the menu seems to change from one L&L to another L&L.

This last trip, nobody in our party wanted to order lunch. Breakfast we like--because there are menu choices that we know and have eaten. But we had a problem with our lunch choices.

The employees are always friendly, and give the tourists time to think about the menu. I appreciate that, because I don't want to be rushed or embarrassed by the fact that I don't recognize a lot of what is on the menu. I am not a foodie!

But, we always go to L&L because it is a down home friendly place.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is a great value and the food is very tasty. This place is better than most on the island and it gives you a taste for what the locals like.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

This food is what the locals eat. It has good Hawaiian flavor at a very good price. It is Hawaiian fast food and our cheerful Asian counter-guy delivered our meals quickly.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I wanted something to eat that was fast and fairly inexpensive to eat for lunch. We were staying at the Kona Coast Resort and just up the street was L&L Hawaiian BBQ. We were surprised that the restuarant was fast food, but decided to try it. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich and my husband ordered the meat mix. The total cost was $20.00 and the meal was not only filling but really delicious. We went back again this time in Hilo. The meal was just as good there.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Not your average fast food place, has specials such as garlic mahi-mahi, shimp, etc. Order the healthy plate with green salad and brown rice. There are several L&L- I like the one in Keauhou.