“Volcano Tour: Twilight Volcano Adventure”

Hawaii Forest and Trail
Mauna Kea Summit and Stars Small-Group Adventure Tour
$186.46*
Kohala Waterfalls Small Group Adventure Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: The vision of Hawaii Forest & Trail is to share the splendor of Hawai’i Nei and inspire a deep connection with our natural world.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Four of us participated on 4/26/2013. Our guide was Justin and he was amazing!! Justin is knowledgeable, professional but most of all personable and FUNNY. There was a LOT of laughing in our group. "What's your deepest, darkest secret?"

We all learned many new things about the beautiful Big Island and the history of the Hawaiian chain. The adventure is an all day endeavor, but so worth it.

Thank you Hawaii Forest & Trail and especially Justin for a wonderful day!

Paul, Roger, Alan & Don

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I took the waterfall tour today and were amazed by the spectacular views. The drive to the trail head gives a whole new meaning to off roading. Our guide, Stephanie, was fabulous. The little touches provided by this tour are incredible. Stephanie not only provided backpacks, water, towels and rain ponchos but also bug spray, granola bars and a wonderful way of making the group all feel like family. There was a lady on our tour celebrating her 75th birthday with a trip to Hawaii with her two daughters. The trail was challenging but easily doable. Great experience and the view overlooking the sea for lunch will be remembered for a lifetime. This is definitely a "must do" tour.

1  Thank Donna E
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Yesterday, my husband and I took the Kohala Waterfall Adventure Tour. It was fabulous! Our driver and guide, Gary, was both charming and extremely knowledgeable. Being a trained naturalist, he was able to answer all of our questions ranging from lava flows to the extinct sugar plantation industry. We saw amazing waterfalls and got to swim in the last pool. What an amazing experience. Everything from equipment to food was first rate. I highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had a wonderful time on our twilight volcano tour. Our children (14,11,11) all enjoyed the tour. Justin, our guide did a great job. He was very nice and full of interesting information and stories about all the places we visited. The view from Jagger Museum overlook at night of the glowing caldera is amazing !

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My Husband and I booked this tour while on our honeymoon. They picked us up from the hotel and took us to an area half way up the mountain for a wonderful dinner in a tent area. The food was great! Our guide was excellent - This is a must do on the Big Island but do not try this on your own. The Van we were in was very comfortable as the road is really rough. I reccomend warm clothes as it is freezing at the top.... Yes they do give you parkas but dress as warm as you can. Once we made it to the top you can see all the observatory buildings but you cant go in.......Once up there we were going to watch the sunset but instead it started to Snow. Being from FL I was so excited I made a Hawaiian snow ball. Coming down from the top we stoped for hot chocholate and brownies and our guide set up a telescope to view the stars. AMAZING and a must do if you can!!!!

1  Thank JenniferBret