“fresh Thai, pretty plates”
Review of Lemongrass Bistro

Lemongrass Bistro
Ranked #75 of 288 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Salem
“fresh Thai, pretty plates”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

So glad we happened by in our quick visit to Kona. Esp liked soft-shell crab and spicy papaya salad.

• Visited April 2013

kailua kona, hi
“They've Lost Their Mojo!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I previously reviewed Lemongrass back and January and gave them a rating of 4 stars. Sad to say, but the quality of the food has gone down since then. Previously, I endorsed the crispy pork belly which, at the time was perfectly cooked: crispy and tasty. But the last time I visited the restaurant, the dish was greasy, flabby, not crispy and the meat was tough and dry. What a disappointment!

Not wanting to judge them based on what may have been just a bad night, I went back a week ago and ordered their special that night. It was some sort of fish dish. Unfortunately, it was overcooked, dry, tough, and overall, unpalatable.

I hate to have to downgrade the rating, but I can no longer recommend Lemongrass. I probably won't be going back.

• Visited May 2013
Oakland
“A great pan-Asian place to eat”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have eaten at both the Kailua Kona location (twicce) and the Queens Market place location.
The food and service are great.

• Visited April 2013
Manzanita, OR
“Woo Hoo! Some of the best thai food we've had!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Wow, honestly I haven't eaten this good of thai food in a looooong time and I'm from the Portland area where the famous "Pok Pok" reigns king. We were recommended to come up to a sandwich shop next door to this place. (Which looked amazing) When we were about to walk in the door the fabulous aroma of Thai food hit us and we got hijacked next door, by our noses, to the Lemongrass Bistro.

We were seated quickly and handed an interesting menu that had all the normal Thai food selections on it but with a twist and then some other new things with a decisively Pan Asian flare. We had an appetite and ordered WAY too much food for three people and boy were we glad. (We had left overs the next day!)

Everything was perfectly cooked and attention to detail was in everything they did. The chicken skewers with the mango coulis was the best we have ever had. That is saying something as we are thai food junkies. The lettuce wraps were comparable. We always order a pad thai, as it is the true test of a Thai restaurant, and theirs was about a 4 out 5. Pretty good but not the best I've had. The true show stopper was the crispy duck. Oh my gawd. I wish I had some now.... If you are close..go there..eat for me... please…..now.

• Visited March 2013
Shelburne, Vermont
“Fusion Asian”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This place is set in a non romantic but clean and pleasant small strip mall. The food is exceptionally good. One of my favorites is their braised oxtail soup. Many fine asian fusion dishes. It is a short walk from the main drag Alii Drive or parking right in fromnt of the restaurant. Sit outside.

Visited September 2012