“Very Close To Main Beach Strip in Kona/Great Dining Option”

Island Naturals Market and Deli Kailua Kona
Ranked #4 of 53 Shopping in Kailua-Kona
Cincinnati, Ohio
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Very Close To Main Beach Strip in Kona/Great Dining Option”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

After strolling shops on Ali'i drive my boyfriend got hungry, but did not want fish and did not want to spend a fortune so we decided to drive a short distance to a taco place which ended up being closed, but on the same road was Island Naturals (think a small Trader Joes or Whole Foods). It was on my list to find, but we found it early by accident. We stopped because they indicated online that the carry Hawaiian Origin chocolate, grown & made local. We found the chocolate (at about $11/bar), but in addition found a great buffet of roasted veggies, indian samosas, pizza, pad thai, meatballs. I think it was about $9/LB. We filled a container with some of everything and got a container of coconut tapioca pudding. It was all high quality, very tasty and fed two of us for about $12. Anywhere else that pile of food would have cost at least $25 to $30 total. It would be a great carry out stop. It beat burgers and had a great variety. They had many locally made wines, cheeses, baked goods, fish, sandwiches, desserts. If we ever get back to the Big Island, this will be a definite stop for us. A great place to get foodie gifts to take home too.

Visited November 2011
7 Thank Frugelmyster

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Island natural”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Wonderfully staffed. A solid selection of many things not offered in Kona. The buffet is great also with many fresh items and baked goods. I am impressed. I would however like to see more natural lighting. I do recall a live music performamce during my lunch last week, very enjoyable. I great place with more to offer than meets the eye.

1 Thank LocalLiaison