“WOW...Loved this!”

Wild Hawaii Ocean Adventures (WHOA)
More attraction details
Owner description: Winner of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for 5 years in a row. Aloha & welcome. If you want an amazing ocean adventure like no other offered in Hawaii, come see us! Only we can offer you the comfort and speed of the Ocean Warrior--an 11-meter Navy assault vessel designed for and used by the Navy S.E.A.L. Teams and Special Warfare Operations. With this amazing vessel we have a further range than our competition and can get you there fast and comfortably. And did we mention that our captains are world-class freedivers and underwater photographers with over 20 years of ocean experience? Take a look around the website to see what we offer and feel free to either book online or give us a call to reserve your seat! Mahalo!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Janesville, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“WOW...Loved this!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I'm quite sure we were on this adventure last week with "TravelBuggleLondon", a previous rater so I won't give all the details. Their review was very accurate and I agree completely with their comments. I was hesitant to get in the water at first, but really felt comfortable after Deron and Brett gave me some encouragement. I've only been snorkeling a few times and felt like I was given guidance needed. My husband isn't much of a swimmer so he ended up not snorkeling, and still really enjoyed this outing. I felt like we were all encouraged to enjoy to the extent we were comfortable which is a nice approach.

You just cannot beat the expertise of Deron & Brett, and the overall feeling of being out on the ocean looking for wildlife and all the beauty of Hawaii. You will find that the price is very comparable to other snorkeling excursions, however this is a much smaller and unique experience. I really felt like the guys would help any of us accomplish our goals for the day...seeking wildlife, taking great pics, learning more about the history of the area, understanding more about the ocean, etc. Chester, dog co-pilot, was such a fun addition!

WHOA made this an unforgettable experience. I'm so thankful to have had the chance to swim with the Pilot Whales and to experience all of the other beauty shared. Mahalo!

• Korean first
Poole, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“One of the best experiences I have ever had.”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to experience a snorkelling trip whilst visiting the Big Island, and what better way to do it that on an ex-Navy Seal boat! We met Deron & Brett (and Chester, Brett's dog) at the Marina and stood chatting whilst waiting for our slot on the runway to enter the water. We also had a freelance wildlife photographer/videographer Shaun, who had been on the boat the previous day. He had booked other trips which he cancelled as his experience with W.H.O.A was so good.
We picked up another couple on a nearby pier and headed out to find some wildlife! It was no more than 20 minutes until we came across a pod of Pilot Whales. We all jumped in and swam around with them for 10 minutes or so until the whales had enough a dropped down to deeper waters. This was a truly amazing experience. We then hopped back onto the boat and set off until we came across another pod of whales. Again, we jumped in and swam with them, this time they were a bit closer and swam by us and then under us, complete with little calves! I couldn't believe our luck! We then took the boat further south to a rocky area where we snorkelled to see the lovely coral and tropical fish. We also found two sea turtles swimming too! We went back onto the boat, had some snacks provided by the guys and a chat. Brett and Deron are full of knowledge about the local wildlife and were able to tell us lots of information.
We took the boat back towards the Marina where we really experienced what it could do. The turns and immediate stops were unbelievable! We headed over to Captain Cook Monument where Brett told us the story of Captain Cook. Again, Brett's knowledge of the history was great. On the way back we spotted Spinner Dolphins which then decided to play along our boat for about 15 minutes which was awesome. We then heard from some other boats that Hammerhead Sharks had been spotted further up the coast. We then continued to follow a few sharks for Shaun to get some footage of. The guys were happy for us to stay on the boat so we could look for sharks and run over time-wise which was a bonus!
Truly an unforgettable day, we were so pleased to have chosen W.H.O.A and would have gone out on the boat every day of the holiday if we could.

Renton, Washington, USA
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“unusual opportunity”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

For persons interested in the chance for marine animal encounters this trip is the best way to go. Due to the speed of the vessel you can cover a lot of water and so have a great chance to see more. On the day I was out we saw dolphins and they swam around the boat for about 15 min, and also saw a humpback whale mother and calf. In the big ocean what you see is largely determined by the amount of water inspected. For people who love boats this is a very interesting vessel. Ride is good; with the standing position and padded seats with side support it is comfortable. For persons familiar with boats the ride is fun, not really placing much force on your body. For people not familiar with boating; I think you will find this to be a very exciting ride and trip. Also the discussions about historical sites was very much appreciated. Just plan for sun, wind and heat accordingly.

Visited March 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic Adventure”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I and two boys booked with Deron and Brett during the week of March 25th, 2013. I initially ran across their website via Google then checked Tripadvisor.com for reviews. It was extremely easy and efficient to get the trip booked. We were on the boat with one other couple so we felt like we really had personal attention. Both Brett and Deron were so knowledgable about the area's marine life. They pointed out local sites and had some good local stories to tell. They seemed to know where to go to see all of the great marine life that The Big Island has to offer. We were also lucky enough to see pilot whales and jump in to swim with them. The cove they took us to for a more subdued version of snorkeling had some great marine life to view as well. They didn't go to the usual coves that the other snorkeling boats go to but took us to a more secluded area without any other boats. We loved hearing about the history of the boat and loved the speed. I would highly recommend this trip for anyone visiting the big island. It was superb and should not be missed.

Visited March 2013
Santa Rosa, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Snorkeling with Pilot Whales”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had an amazing day with WHOA. They located a pod of pilot whales and we got to jump in and snorkel with them not once, but twice. They were beautiful and it was a truly amazing sight to see. Thanks for a great day WHOA! Ross/McLaughlins