“Highlight of our stay in Kona -- exceptional value”

Wild Hawaii Ocean Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Winner of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for 6 years in a row. Aloha & welcome. If you want an amazing ocean adventure like no other offered in Hawaii, come see us! Only we can offer you the comfort and speed of the Ocean Warrior--an 11-meter Navy assault vessel designed for and used by the Navy S.E.A.L. Teams and Special Warfare Operations. With this amazing vessel we have a further range than our competition and can get you there fast and comfortably. And did we mention that our captains are world-class freedivers and underwater photographers with over 20 years of ocean experience? Take a look around the website to see what we offer and feel free to either book online or give us a call to reserve your seat! Mahalo!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife and I took a four-hour snorkeling and whale-watching tour. It was the highlight of our trip to Kona and a real value. The crew are knowledgeable, competent, and great company -- they are really into diving and ocean adventure. The boat, a Navy Seal assault boat, was great -- really fast and a comfortable ride. On our trip we were able to swim with pilot whales, snorkel on some isolated reefs accessible only by boat, and got an up-close view of the Captain Cook Monument that would have taken hours to hike to. In-between all of these activities were great boat riding adventures -- this boat is unmatched in the area. A lot of activities and adventures packed into four hours and the crew if totally committed to seeing that everyone gets the most from their time.

Reservations, payment, loading and unloading was all fast and efficient. We highly recommend Wild Hawaii.

1  Thank 247bruce47

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This adventure was exceptional in all regards. From booking reservations (when online availablility was capped, an email exchange opened a new trip), to gathering (excellent directions and a very efficient launch), and across all aspects of the snorkeling tour. The boat is a blast (fast and comfortable). The guides are insightful and accomodating (happy to share and as excited as paying clients to view nature at its best). Equipment (snorkels and strorm gear) were nice quality. The sights were incredible...landscapes, coral reefs, marine life (dolphins, whales, sea turtles, fish...all from remarkably close range). When the weather turned rough, the boat handled choppy seas remarkably smoothly. A safe, action packed excursion considered a trip highlight by my husband, my teenage sons and me!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I took the four-hour snorkeling tour and had a such a great time! Online booking was easy, gave our credit card number and they charged it the morning of the tour. Payed our tip in cash after the tour. Easy to find the boat launch, parking was free. Can't miss this boat, it is the only huge Navy assault boat in the parking lot being bulled by a giant military jeep. They are only licensed to have 6 people on the boat, plus the crew, which I liked. You get a more personal experience. This is not the tour for someone who wants to sit down a lot, most of the seats on the boat have hardly any bottom, they are intended for you to lean up against them and stabilize yourself when the boat is moving fast. There are some seats though, and more room to sit down when the boat is stopped. The ride south was considered "slow" but was pretty fast in my opinion, about 30mph or so. I love going fast in boats, cutting though big waves so it was fun. They try to find wildlife for you to see, we saw some dolphins following some fishing boats and caught glimpses of humpback whales, but they kept evading us. Finally we found a whole school of pilot whales, and we were allowed to jump in and snorkel with them briefly, only a few minutes. Apparently sharks tend to follow in these groups of whales, so I was pretty nervous but it was worth it (especially since we had signed a waiver at the beginning!). In the water we saw that there were whales everywhere, under the boat too, we saw over 30 of them. It was amazing. Thankfully we didn't see any sharks :) Then we drove toward shore and snorkeled at the Captain Cook monument. Saw some nice fish and an eel there. Snorkel equipment was decent, the fins didn't fit me quite right though so my foot kept cramping up. There were a lot of other boats there, so it was a bit crowded. But apparently this is the best snorkeling on the island. They provided us with bottles of water, bags of chips and cookies and cut up pineapple. Very knowledgeable about the history of the monument and the area, as well as very knowledgeable about the wildlife. The ride back to the marina was FAST, they do hairpin turns in this boat at really high speeds. If you like roller coasters you will love this, lots of adrenaline. They will aim the boat for the shore and at the last second turn it around on a dime, it's so scary but it's awesome. All in all it was a fantastic day, I'm so happy I booked with this company.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This excursion is a grand slam. As has already been pointed out, it is not your average snorkling trip -- everything about it sets it apart, from the private feel of being part of a very small group, to the truly exceptional experience on being aboard this sort of boat. Icing on the cake, Brett and Deron are really kind and seem to truly care about giving their guests the best experience, and in our case it was unbelievable! I can promise you this will be a - or THE - highlight of your trip to the Big Island, well worth the money. We saw (and swam!!!) with spinner dolphins almost right off the bat, then went looking for the famous sharks (who were mercifully - for me - evasive that day), then spotted some dwarf whales, then went for some incredibly beautiful snorkeling near Cook's monument (itself an eerily beautiful spot with a fascinating history best explained by Brett), and topped it all off by an indescribable rollercoaster ride on the way back, full of Deron's little surprises. Most guests ride standing up in the back yet it is surprisingly comfortable and smooth, not at all tiring. Of the many activities I've done around the world, I have never experienced anything like this and am pretty sure I'll have to come back to Kona to ever do it again!

1  Thank cleo27800
Reviewed March 15, 2013

What a great day out in the beautiful Hawaiian waters. Crystal clear waters, great company, fantastic views, beautiful snorkeling, whales, and even an open ocean swim with 3 amazing sharks. What a day...here is how it all went down: We started the morning with a fast ride way out to sea, to see if we could find any "big stuff" We ended up at a fish collector bouy and someone yelled "shark". With that it was "on" We were able to gear up and slide into the deep waters and wait for this shark to come back to investigate. Well within 3 or 4 minutes there she was, all 7 feet of her beautiful self gliding right at us. Lucky for us she brought a couple friends and we were able to see 3 beautful sharks...very close up! Being circled by sharks may make some nervous, but for me it was a wonderful moment being able to share the ocean with these beautiful creatures. After quite a while in the water with them we packed up and headed to shore on the lookout for dolphins. We didnt see any, but went to a beautiful snorkel spot at Kaelakekua Bay where we saw a beautiful reef and lots of great fish. Even my 7 year old enjoyed diving down and playing on he reef. We followed that with a nice snack and drink then headed out to see what this cool boat could really do. I ill not spoil the experience for you, but the ride was both thrilling, and totally fun! On the way back we stopped and saw some beautiful humpbacks next to the boat. What a great day. You will not be disappointed. Thanks so much for such a wonderful day! Just remember with any tour seeing wildlife in never gaurenteed it is the ocean after all and animals dont have to play if they dont want to! However on this boat a good time and cool experience is totally gaurenteed!