“Checked one off the bucket list!”

Legend Sportfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: "Legend" is one of Kona's premier fish catchin sportfishers. Over 1,000 Blue Marlin to her credit since 1999. First class tackle, captain and crew. Her express (one level) design adds to the camaraderie for day trips with up to six guests. She's equipped with tackle specifically suited for marlin, tuna, mahi mahi, and ono. Choose your favorite and Go Get Em! Well suited for all ages from 8 to 80! Have a blast on the Gold Coast of Kona, on the Big Island of Hawaii!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Stairs / elevator
San Francisco, California
“Checked one off the bucket list!”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Checked one off the bucket list!
I caught a marlin!!  I have always wanted catch a marlin so we chartered Legend with Captain Tony.  I have never been big game fishing so the crew set me up with equipment and showed me the proper techniques.  We started to troll and before I knew it we had a marlin strike the line.  I knew this was going to be a great day!  We caught an ono shortly after the massive marlin strike. But the highlight was after lunch.  Sitting back relaxing and taking in the stunning coastline, all of a sudden I heard the reel screaming.  I jumped up strapped in and the fight was on, what a thrill.  This is something I have dreamed about and it was even better than the dream.  I was reeling in my first marlin.  The fish was jumping out of the water and the adrenalin was pumping as I could see this massive fish get closer to the boat.  Without the crew and captain helping tell me what to do I would have never been able to get this big guy to the boat. We released this marlin back so hopefully you will get a chance to hook up to him and experience the thrill of a lifetime.  Thank you Captain Tony!  See you next time I am in Hawaii.

Visited February 2011

Houston
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful crew & boat!!”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

What a treat to go deep sea fishing with this crew!! Tony & JD were very friendly & informative. My dad caught a 15-pound tuna, which Tony expertly cleaned & filleted for us. The boat was in tip-top condition with state-of-the art fishing gear. I had high expectations after reading all the positive reviews, and was not disappointed!!

Mahalo!

Visited December 2011
Colorado Springs, Colorado
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Good people, great fun!”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband and I went out fishing with Capt. Tony and Scott for a half day tour. It was great! They were laid back and easygoing, capable of teaching and doing simultaneously. Our first bite was an Ahi and my sweet husband let me take it, as I am really the fisherwoman of the family. While Tony expertly handled the boat, Scott assured that I had actually picked up on the methods he had taught me prior to departure. They were awesome people and the time was great, even if we hadn't brought anything in, I would have thoroughly enjoyed myself. What more can you ask for? Fishing the open sea at dawn, watching the sunrise over Mauna Kea, and jawing away with the crew until the end....Good times...Thanks guys!

Visited October 2011
“FISH ON!!!!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

What a great day! We plan our annual trips each year in Kona around this one day in particular.... Fishing day! Legend is the only charter boat we will step foot on as we have had years of success with Blue Marlin and Ono on this fine vessel. Well, today was no different. With the help of Captain Tony and Adam I landed my 200 lb. Blue Marlin... We got some great pics and they videotaped my experience. We all had a great day and can't wait to get out there again. Thanks so much Scott, Donna, Tony & Adam. Always a wonderful experience!

Danville, California
“Great Captain and crew, fully outfitted boat”
Reviewed June 9, 2011

The Captain and crew are very professional and the boat and all of the equipment are in tip top shape. This is my second time on this boat and I have caught an Ono both times, what a great experience!

Visited May 2011