“I must not have been at the same place”
Review of Seiji's Sushi

Seiji's Sushi
Ranked #66 of 288 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Grass Valley, California
“I must not have been at the same place”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I guess I must have missed what everybody else saw in this place. I'm not a snob when it comes to location....and I knew what I was in for (based n reviews) so the location and "hole in the wall" feel is not what bothered me. I just didn't find the food to live up to its billing on here. I would grade the food a C+ at best. The best part about this place was the charming gentleman (owner I assume) and his delightful young waitress. They certainly helped lift what could have been a lower grade in my book. The fact you can bring in your own beer (run t the nearby ABC or Whalers) is a nice touch considering what most restaurants charge these days.

At the end of the day I didn't see enough promise to go back in the future. I'll keep looking for "hole in the wall" secret sushi joints....just no this one.

• Visited May 2013

West Fargo, North Dakota
“They Hooked Us Up!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were in a rush to make our return flight to the mainland and they really hooked us up!
The service and sushi were exceptional!

• Visited May 2013
Napa, CA
“Fun to find with good sushi!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The location might be a little hard to find, down a little alley off Ali'i Drive. Parking is in back. Very good sushi, had some tempura as well which was also very nice. They don't have beer though. The restaurant is small and basic, there is seating outside in the patio area.

Zug, Switzerland
“Best sushi I ever had”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The place is very easy one, not fancy decoration, but the Sushi is the best I ever had. Super fresh and good for value.

1 Thank Zhuo2012
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
“Quality food!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hole-in-the-wall sushi restaurant deserves to be a lot busier than it is. I let the owner know that the address on Tripadvisor is wrong. It's actually right downtown, close to the two banyan trees. The service was prompt and the food delicious. We had the best agedashi tofu ever. Prices were reasonable for Hawaii.