“Great location in Kailua!!”
other travelers have booked this property
Lanai @ B&K's Condo Living Room
Living Room
Living Room
Kitchen Left
Kitchen Right
North End of Lanai looking in (Left)
View from Lanai - Tropical Sunset
North End of Lanai looking South (Right)
View from the Kitchen (Right)
The Lanai is ready for enjoying the Sunset.
Inside Dining Area
View from Lanai
View looking North from Lanai
View from Lanai - Cruise Ship Leaving at Sunset
Reef in front of B&K\'s Condo Unit
Well Maintained Gas Grill in Central Dining area next to Pool.
Salt Water Pool and Dining Area
Kona Reef Complex
Kona Reef Complex - Our Unit
Kona Reef Complex
Kona Reef Complex - Our Unit
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
tlcsoccer...
Ollympia, WA
“Great location in Kailua!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

This was our first stop on our 3rd trip to the Big Island of Hawaii. The location was great, near town, shops and beaches. The condominium filled all the boxes in the fact it had everything we needed for our stay. We loved the view from our lanai seeing sea turtles and dolphins every morning!

cindybrow...
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great stay Kona Reef, Unit 26A”
Reviewed June 24, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

My husband and I spent 5 nights at Kona Reef in unit 26A. We LOVED it. The ocean was just steps away from our balcony. We were in awe of the ocean & the beautiful sunset. We usually sat on the lounge chairs in the grassy area behind the pool next to the ocean to watch the sunsets. BEAUTIFUL. The unit was clean and well organized. The unit had all we needed. When booking, I was disappointed that the unit didn't have a bedroom with a balcony that opened up to the ocean. Turns out, it didn't matter. We left the porch screen door open and we had plenty of ocean noise in the bedroom. Parking was easy, people we met were very friendly, the pool was clean and perfectly located next to the ocean. When booking, I was disappointed that the unit didn't have a bedroom with a balcony that opened up to the ocean. Turns out, it didn't matter. We left the porch screen door open and we had plenty of ocean noise in the bedroom. Unfortunately, I had a broken foot during our visit and was stuck wearing a boot. That prevented me from being able to walk up the road to dinner and explore the area on foot or bike. Even so, we had a great time and would definitely re-book the same unit in the future. I have more to explore on the Big Island.

Your age range 50-64
angelabro...
Olympia, Washington
“amazing view and location”
Reviewed January 11, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

The view is amazing. It is located within walking distance of many shops/restaurants. We did drive and park in the general parking lot when we wanted to visit the other shops/restaurants on the strip. One could walk to the other end but it would be a long walk. You can tell they have been working on updating the unit. One negative was the washing machine. It was so loud that we only ran it before we left for the day. The owner quickly answered all my questions. They also suggested restaurants to visit, and places to see along with nearby stores. We had an amazing time on the big island!

Management Response
Jun 22, 2017
Thanks for letting us know about the noise from the Laundry Center. After one year it was already failing. The Laundry Center has been replaced with one that is a lot quieter.
Valanie
dallas
“Love Love Love”
Reviewed September 22, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

My mom and I stayed here for 4 days in August. LOVE LOVE LOVE. The place is so well kept and they clearly are constantly making improvements. First of all the directions were clear on how to find the place. The key was placed in a lock box with a code. Once we opened the door, we replaced the key in the lock box and used one that was hanging by the door… that way if we ever forgot the key, the one in the lock box could be retrieved so long as we remembered the code. Upon entry they do ask that you remove your shoes, so as not to stain the white carpet. The bedroom is to the right as you walk in and the bathroom at the end of that hall. Straight ahead is the laundry closet, kitchen, supply closet, living/dining, and the best view that I saw during my whole trip. The balcony is huge, has a full sized table, looks right onto the ocean- like you could throw something into the water from the rails. The pictures do not do it justice and I posted them all over my FB page. There is a black rocky beach right beneath, 2 palm trees, surfers on the water, boaters… oh yeah- and the Norwegian Cruise Lines’ Pride of America sailed by. The sunsets here are gorgeous- the sky slides slowly from blue to light pink to a blood orange riot. Someone asked if that was real- YES!

There is a small a/c unit that we used during the hot and humid days and we were thankful to have it. But early morning and late at night we left it off and let the breeze in. At night my mom slept in the bedroom, I slept on the pullout sofa and listened to the waves crashing… ok the waves are super loud and you feel like you are in a boat on the water. It woke me up a couple of times the first night- but it was a lullaby by the second. My only complaint about the whole place was that the sofa bed was not the most comfortable. I have slept on many in my life and it was passable… I have slept on MUCH worse. The chair in the living room next to the sofa was uber comfy- I did not want to get up from it and could have slept there actually… if it reclined I probably would have.

The kitchen has a full sized appliances- refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher. We did not use the dishwasher- we just washed our few little items by hand. There is no oven, but there is a toaster oven which I made use of to make some garlic bread. The washing machine and dryer are the stackable kind and as with that type are a bit noisy. The bathroom was spacious, reminded me of a hotel bathroom. The room was well lit, the tub was deep and jetted, and there was decent counter space. The toilet flushed a rather loudly, but you don’t notice after the first day.

Past guests leave items that they think future guests will find useful so check the fridge or the pantry before you go to the store. The place is walking distance (literally down the street) to a lot of shopping and dining. There is a Walmart and a Safeway that are a couple of miles away. The apartment complex itself was very quiet and well maintained and featured a pool that we did not use.

Going on vacation and getting an ocean view is like my favorite thing. If I am cruising, a balcony is required; if there is water, I want a view. I was born by a harbor so I think it’s a thing for me. Some people like trees or mountains, I like water- especially the ocean. This was possibly the best balcony view I have ever had- just as good as on a cruise because this is on the second floor so the water is even closer- literally Right There!

Because our flight left Kona so late and the room was not booked for the next couple of days they most graciously allowed us to stay past the checkout time and we really appreciated that. Bruce and Karrie were entirely hospitable and gracious from start to finish. And although we did not need to contact the property manager, they gave us the contact info for her in case any issues came up. None did. I wholeheartedly recommend B&K’s condo in Kona. It is one of my favorite places to stay ever. I am so glad that I decided not to stay at the gigantic Hilton. I really felt like I got a better feel for the Big Island by not staying in a big hotel. Also, although this was the second leg of our trip, this was the first condo that I booked through TripAdvisor/Flipkey and I approached with some great trepidation. I was hoping just that the place was not a falling down wreck. People fake photos and write fake posts. But there were a number of positive reviews by people that post often, so that helped. But I was holding my breath and praying that this was not some rip off. I was shouting Hallelujah when we walked in. So no fear- the place is legit. Some longtime friends are coming to HI in January and I will recommend this place without an ounce of hesitation. Thanks Brent and Karrie.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view; the spaciousness; location
Liked least: The sofa bed
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Sep 29, 2016
Thanks for the review. I really appreciate it.

There is one correction for future guests (that I almost hate to mention at this point), but the chair next to the sofa does recline (just lean back and push on the chair arms). I've fallen asleep on it a number of times.

BHA
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed July 18, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Traveling group: Extended Family
RicandAL
“Great views”
Reviewed July 11, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Great unit front and centre to the ocean with plenty of additional ammenities
Location also was very good

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Sonshine5
Seattle, Washington
“This is a great place to stay”
Reviewed February 24, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We loved sitting on the deck looking down at the surf directly below us, cheering on the surfers and boogie boarders. Great sunsets from there too. The pool area is large and inviting, with direct access to the shore. Additionally, this was definitely the best supplied condo we have ever stayed in. The owners are very responsive and helpful.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing