“Excellent and popular”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“Excellent and popular”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We ate several different kinds of excellent poke here during our stay in Kona. We had the spicy Ahi, the Sesame Ahi, and the House special poke. The seaweed salad was yummy. They were all tasty and very fresh. You can even buy fresh fish from them.

One day we got the first steak cut out of a 102# yellow fin tuna that was just removed from a large ice bath cooler!! It was caught just hours earlier. It doesn't get any fresher than this. They sell out each day and always have about a line about 10 minutes wait. So don't dilly dally.

Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kennewick, Washington
“Even the cops eat here”
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Great poke. We've eaten twice since we have been here. Try the quinoa instead of the rice, 50 cents more but worth it. I think they use coconut milk to make it. Steamed soybeans with garlic and sesame oil and the calamari are my choice for sides. We had the Shack Special and the Wet Hawaiian for poke. Also tried the lau lau and the pork. All good. Take to the beach to eat or your condo!

Palatine
“Great food, fun atmosphere, wish there was more seating”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Da Poke Shack is certainly worthy of all the praise it has received. The little deli-like operation below an apartment building is outstanding. We made planned trip here as we were finishing our recent trip to the Big Island. The food is outstanding and the value equals the food. A Poke Plate was more than enough food to satisfy our hunger and the flavors with the Pele's Kiss and other items was memorable.

My only issue was we didn't know seating was very limited, two picnic tables outside which were packed, so we ended up at a "park" up the street that was inhabited with some questionable characters. My advice, get the food and if the picnic tables are full, travel well up Ali'i Drive to find a place to sit and eat.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank msr63
El Dorado Hills, California
“Great poke!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stopped by for some poke, seaweed salad and laulau to take back to our condo. Quite a few people waiting when I got there but the staff was very efficient so the wait time wasn't too long. Cooked up some rice back at the condo to go with my poke, salad and laulau (they were really big so my husband and I shared one). Everything was very tasty and fresh. Will definitely go back...maybe tomorrow, hmmm!

• Visited March 2014
Hardyston Township, New Jersey
“A Lot of Food, But Not a Lot of Money!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went here for an early dinner before heading out for a night dive. The plethora of choices regarding flavors was astonishing! The poke was definitely fresh and there was quite a bit of food for the price. I highly recommend this place.