“Ono poke bowls:)!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Da Poke Shack

Da Poke Shack
Ranked #3 of 285 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Ono poke bowls:)!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Fresh fish. Variety. A little expensive but totally worth it!! Love that they serve brown rice!! As why we go there!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Orlando, Florida
“Local flavor - Hawaiian friendliness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I had heard about this place when I grabbed an afternoon Blue Moon at Lava Lava. When traveling I like to find good food off the beaten track. Especially something unique to the area. Melissa at Lava Lava suggested Da Poke Shack and although she had a personal interest her endorsement was confirmed by 3-4 other locals I bounced it off over the next two days. When I mentioned the name of the place people's eyes would get big so I knew it was something special.

To be realistic if you don't like raw fish or sitting at a picnic table (only two) when dining then you may want to look elsewhere but my wife had the pulled pork (she's not a fan of raw fish) and loved it. I did too. They also have chicken but I'll have to try that next time I'm in town.

Personally I sampled several different Poke's and enjoyed them all. Never had anything like it and am bummed that I might have to wait till I come back to have it again. The fish is fresh daily and very high grade Tuna. I actually watched Keoki slice up a new 30 lb cut from scratch. He was super cool by the way and very friendly. I flat out loved the place. The salads were fresh and the rice was cooked perfect, just sticky enough. All priced reasonably. Even the t-shirts.

If you're in the area and want to treat yourself to something special, check out Da Poke Shack. It's worth the trip.

• Visited October 2012
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Great food.. nice friendly people...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

The food is great, and the ppl were really sweeet.. If you like raw fish, you will love it.. if u don't take someone with who likes it... you can do tasting... :)

• Visited October 2012
Ca
“So fresh and delicious ....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Awesome locals’ hangout place….
If you like fresh fish and poke this is the place to go for the best poke! Super friendly staff. So many options and so difficult to decide, but they offer you samples if you want to try any of the poke or side dishes. I had the special with a nice sweet sauce and combined with the mussels as a side dish yuuuum! Too bad we went there on our last day on the island…..if we would have tried it on the first day on the island probably we would have become regular clients…..
BTW when you are there make sure you check the photos....

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Isis30Ca
California
“Unbelievably good! If you can only eat at one place, eat here - you won't be disappointed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Ate here for lunch. Had the rotisserie chicken plate with a side of the spicy crab- the best chicken I've had in years- hands down! Also had the poke meal with spicy edamame - also awesome. Friendly place with no attitude- it's a take out shop with two benches out front. Everything around $10 per meal- inexpensive for what you get.

Would highly recommend to all