“Deceptive practices”

Anchorage, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Deceptive practices”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I had a valid coupon that read if I spent $20.00 I would get a free large box of Hawaii chocolate candy and a free 5oz box of chocolate covered macadamia nut candy. I spent $65.60 and they wouldn't give even the 5 oz box. They said they were all out as I looked around the store seeing stacks of candy. They offered me a mug which I had no use for so I told them to keep it. I will never trust them and will never shop there again!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Annette K

Middletown, New York
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 180 helpful votes
“Fun Place”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Hilo Hattie is a souvenir store but then it has a little bit of everything. It has souvenirs, typical Hawaii garments, sandals, snacks, etc. Most of the cruise ships have discounts for Hilo Hatties. The store in Kona is a few blocks from the beach. Just walk uphill from the beach and you cannot miss it. It is at a "triangle." I think there is a Hilo Hattie's on all the Hawaiian Islands.
On one of our trips in the past to Hawaii we purchased the cheapest comfortable sandals and we were not able to find the same sandals on the mainland. On our last trip we bought six pairs of these sandals.
Try the wasabl macadamia nuts that Hilo Hattie's sells. Even if you do not buy anything at Hilo Hattie's you must go to be able to say that you were at Hilo Hattie's-the store of Hawaii.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Doug F
Bend, Oregon
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Good Customer Service”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Hilo Hattie's is a tourist trap, but they do offer good customer service, the goods are of decent quality for the most part (I did have the handle tear off a tote bag within about 2 hours, but they replaced it with no further issues), and they have free coffee and samples. What's not to love?

1 Thank Cindy K
Powder Springs, Georgia
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“Lots of fun”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We had heard that this was like shopping for an Aloha shirt at Walmart. WRONG! Great selection of shirts.

1 Thank mfortino2000
Macedonia, Ohio
136 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 199 helpful votes
“Everything I Needed In One Store”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I had to bring souvenirs and gifts home to everybody from my trip to Hawaii. Everything I needed was in Hilo Hattie's. This store was only a short walk from my hotel and I bought for all those on my list without a care in the world. I got a few things for me too. The staff was helpful, the store beautifully arranged and I am glad I made time to shop and explore there.
I made a date out of my trip to Hilo Hattie's and enjoyed picking out Hawaiian clothing and gift items I never would have seen elsewhere.

1 Thank Michael M