“Great place to shop for souvenirs”
Review of Hilo Hattie - CLOSED

Hilo Hattie
Washington, D.C.
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great place to shop for souvenirs”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stopped here to pick up souvenirs for our family. When you enter, you are greeted by a clerk who gives you a shell lei. It's a really nice touch just for walking into the store.

I found lots of shirts that were cheaper here than they were at the local ABC stores and as other reviewers have said, this place is great in that it has clothes of all sizes so the whole family could find matching Hawaiian shirts. I was buying shirts for my plus-sized family and was able to score shirts for $10 that were on clearance that matched for my sister (2XL), my mom (1XL), my dad (5XL), and me (M). The designs for my mom, sister, and I were identical and my dad's shirt was not identical, but really, really close.

I'm really glad that I came shopping here; they have pretty much every souvenir that you'd like to get from Hawaii. That said, I did end up buying my Mauna Loa macadamia nut chocolates at the local Walmart because it was cheaper buying them in bulk there rather than here.

Visited June 2012

Houston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Souvenirs Galor”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

If you are looking for Hawaiian shirts, this is the place to go. Like the service you used to find in better department store, these folks are helpful and try to help. Found the same shirt I had seen several places along Alii Dr. cheaper here. And they even have some so that the whole family can dress the same. Many choices for souvenirs to prove you were in Hawaii.

Visited January 2013
Salem, Ohio
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“always love to shop here”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We shopped around to try to find this store here on the big island. We were dissapointed that there were not too many on this island. Glad we found one. Such a nice feature of the store is when you enter they greet you with a shell lei. Lots of nice items, great fun to shop around. A pretty big store too. If you go to any island, make sure you visit this store!! You will have much fun here!

Visited December 2012
Fort Collins, Colorado
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Hilo Hattie All In One Place & Get It Over With”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stopped because we wanted a Hawaii patch for the jacket at home already filled with vacation patches. Nicer, more attractive than the ABC tourist shops, and lots more trinkets, bricabrack, and crap-ola! Unfortunately I was hounded by the jewelry sales lady... she could not take no for an answer and drove me out of the store. Get a clue people!

Visited September 2012
Tulsa
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“We still keep coming back”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife is the coffee drinker in the family. Hilo Hatties has coupons in all the travel brouchures for "spend $20 and get a coffee cup" or a sarong, but that's just not in th agenda.

So, when you go to Hawaii, you're going to want to buy trinkets for back home. Hilo Hattie has them. Plates, cups, utensils made out f bamboo, key chains, calendars, books, music, snacks, Aloha wear and lots more.

We've been going to the islands for 20 years. There's at lease one Hilo Hattie on the 4 main islands. From cruise ships and many resorts they'll pick you up. You're typically greeted at the door with a shell lei, and an offer of coffie juice or water.

Visited September 2012