“Bucket list item accomplished!!”

Advanced Recreation of Hawaii Light Sport Aircraft Flight
Ranked #106 of 200 Tours in Kailua-Kona
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Bucket list item accomplished!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

It was a beautiful morning in kona... Jeff took me up for an introductory flight, I'm still playing back in my mind the gorgeous views from a 1000 ft. Of the kona shore. Jeff gave me a lot of hands on flying and yes.... my hands were sweating like crazy and was extremely nervous, but, Jeff made me feel safe and I would love to go again.

1 Thank Jack S

New Jersey
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Had a grand time”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

What better way to view the Big Island. I highly reccommend that you take the flight. Quiet....so quiet...and the pilots are all great and very island smart. Just do it...you won't be sorry!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Winggal222
Mobile, Alabama
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Highlight of the trip”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I was trying to decide between a helicopter ride and flying with Advanced Recreation, and I am thrilled with the decision to fly with Jeff. What an awesome way to view the gorgeous Hawaii coast! We saw dolphins, rays, and all the beautiful scenery of the area, all while I was doing the flying. Jeff is a great teacher, and this was miles better than be cramped in a helicopter.

As all of the other reviewers have said, this is a must on your trip. I mean, there are 12 other reviews and all have 5 stars; this is as close to a sure thing as you can get.

P.S. You'll want to go in the early AM while the weather is best.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank southAL13
A TripAdvisor Member
“Amazing!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

It's a must do on the bucket list! There is nothing like it! Jeff is a great teacher. He makes you feel confident in flying.

Ladysmith, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Just finnished my first lesson”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Was not too sure what to expect and have little flying experience. What a shock! It was exactly what I was hoping for. It is not a tour or but a true lesson. Spent 2 hours in total from getting aquainted with the aircraft, prechecks, radio telephonie and all the rest. It is truly instructional and I flew it from minutes after take off to minutes before landing. Thats alot of seat time! Yes the view was increadible, yes the expierience was amazing and sure we saw a large pod of dolphins (that could not have been better). But really this man is a proffessional who immerces you into avaition with every minute an educational lesson non stop while you fly. It is the most relaxing, exciting, action lesson you may ever embark on! I am a bit of an adrenaline junkie and I was not let down on that front either. I am going to look seriously as a hobbie when I get home!
Recomended 100% and would go again in a second! When you come back and pay the bill you will feel it isn't fair and that you are not contributing enough for what you get!
Thanks Jeffery

Visited March 2014
2 Thank kent h

Travelers who viewed Advanced Recreation of Hawaii Light Sport Aircraft Flight also viewed

Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii

Been to Advanced Recreation of Hawaii Light Sport Aircraft Flight? Share your experiences!