“Just finnished my first lesson”

Advanced Recreation of Hawaii Light Sport Aircraft Flight
Ranked #111 of 199 Tours in Kailua-Kona
Ladysmith, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Just finnished my first lesson”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Was not too sure what to expect and have little flying experience. What a shock! It was exactly what I was hoping for. It is not a tour or but a true lesson. Spent 2 hours in total from getting aquainted with the aircraft, prechecks, radio telephonie and all the rest. It is truly instructional and I flew it from minutes after take off to minutes before landing. Thats alot of seat time! Yes the view was increadible, yes the expierience was amazing and sure we saw a large pod of dolphins (that could not have been better). But really this man is a proffessional who immerces you into avaition with every minute an educational lesson non stop while you fly. It is the most relaxing, exciting, action lesson you may ever embark on! I am a bit of an adrenaline junkie and I was not let down on that front either. I am going to look seriously as a hobbie when I get home!
Recomended 100% and would go again in a second! When you come back and pay the bill you will feel it isn't fair and that you are not contributing enough for what you get!
Thanks Jeffery

Visited March 2014
2 Thank kent h

Vancouver, Washington
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Wanna fly? So go flying!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

First, a disclosure: I already have a pilot's license, but not in one of these things. It was a HOOT!! You are 'out there'; the instructor/owner has the mandatory 'air of confidence' (no pun intended); you are taught to fly as though you are seeking a license and nothing is missed, but we saw whales and stuff that folks on the water could not. So screw up your courage; "hang" the cost, and go. You won't regret it.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Steve T
Drayton Valley, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Truly incredible”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

How do you describe one of the most incredible eye-openining experiences of your life?
Hmmmmm...
I had read the reviews for ARHLSAF prior to our recent trip to Kona and have always dreamt of obtaining my Recreation License - what a perfect fit!! If there's one thing to note is that the owner/instructor Jeff is not keen on operating a "tour company" and is solely insterested in sharing and instructing clients who also have a zest for flying.
After a half-hour instruction and introduction, we taxied down the Kono Airport runway and set off on an early morning flight - after takeoff and levelling off at 500 feet - Jeff hands over COMPLETE control to you. The first thing you realize is after a few easy turns and accelerations etc, is the complete feeling of freedom this type of flying gives you. The ease and steadiness of which this aircraft glides along gives you an almost surreal feel of being a "veteran pilot".
Jeff is simply fantastic. His calm coaching demeanor is the perfect compliment to the entire experience!
(Obviously, aside from the actual flying experience, the view is simply breathtaking!)
Thank-you Jeff for sharing your incredible talent and expertise with someone who would love to someday have his own pilot's license!

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Len G
Renton, Washington
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Completely Amazing Don't Be Scared DO IT”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is my husband seated and Jeffery, who is The Instructor. Jeffery is a strong, intelligent, brave, caring man who TEACHES others to fly these light Sport Aircraft. This is not a tourist attraction for a joy ride!

My husband wants to learn to fly and eventually purchase one. Me? I felt like, ..."do you have a death wish"?

First, Jeffery went over several instructions with my husband. Eventually, I took pictures and watched as my husband disappeared out of sight. I sat and read an article written by Jeffery's sister, which was published in a magazine. BTW, I found her to be a captivating and creative writer who touched my heart.

When my husband landed, he was really 'encouraging' me to learn. I am pretty blunt and honest to a fault. I flat told Jeffery that I had no interest in learning, because it is entirely to much responsibility for me to handle while being at that elevation. Jeffery asked me if I would like to just go up and see what it is like. I do not have a death wish!

Don't ask why!!! OK I agreed to give this a try under the condition that he promises to land me immediately if I hate it. Also, I reminded him, that he is washable and this could potentially scare the tinkle right out of me, ...sorry!

No problems. This is NOT ...I repeat *NOT* a thrill ride. It is the most peaceful, beautiful and gentle experience I have ever had the privlege of experiencing. To see the varying blues of the ocean, the turtles, the lava rocks on the shoreline as the waves roll against them and the Palm trees and the quiet ohh the gentle quiet!! If you have an interest in learning to operate one of these sport aircrafts, then this really was completely amazing, don't be scared - do it!

Visited November 2013
6 Thank K M
Little Rock, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A+ LOVED IT!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

So I usually don't find myself writing reviews about my experiences, but I was so excited about this before and after I just had to write something. Jeff is absolutely fantastic! He teaches to all levels and was an amazing instructor for the first timer like myself. I loved being taught how to maneuver the vehicle both on the ground and in the air. It was amazing to soar above the land and follow the highway. We also followed the ocean coast. This is a way to experience Hawaii from a different perspective while also learning something new and different. A MUST DO, not just once, but as often as possible. THANK YOU JEFF (for your professionalism, courtesy, and instruction).

Visited August 2013
1 Thank CTruax

Travelers who viewed Advanced Recreation of Hawaii Light Sport Aircraft Flight also viewed

Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii

Been to Advanced Recreation of Hawaii Light Sport Aircraft Flight? Share your experiences!