“Quality experience”

Coral Reef Snorkel Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Swim with Wild Dolphins & Manta Rays everyday. Established in 2002 and still going strong; We have been the Winner of the Certificate of Excellence for 7 years now. We are a Big Island of Hawaii adventure for swimming with Dolphins & Manta Rays. Eco friendly, we follow the guidelines established to make our tours safe for the Manta Rays, dolphins and our guests. We are on the GREENLIST FOR MANTA RAY TOURS. ONLY CHOOSE A COMPANY THAT IS REGISTERED FOR SAFETY OF THE MANTA RAYS on the Green List. Morning Dolphin charters take you up the Kailua Kona coast to a pod of wild dolphins, usually 100 plus. Snorkel with them right next to you. Lunch & snacks included. Rated as #1 Night Manta Ray snorkel company by all the review web sites. These are the most exciting activities you'll do here. All gear included. These 2 activities with marine life will be a highlight of your trip. We take children of all ages.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Phoenix, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality experience”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

It's worth every penny to pay a little extra and go with Coral Reef Adventures. Ron answered all of our questions when we booked, and Karl and Jessica were professional and fun. The boat and equipment are clean and comfortable. My husband and I can't decide which outing we enjoyed more -- they were both amazing and wonderful. The boat only carries at most 6 guests, and on both our night manta snorkel and swim with wild dolphins experience there was only one other couple onboard.

It's breathtaking being in the ocean at night with giant mantas coming within inches of your body as they feed on tiny plankton. We saw hundreds of dolphins on our daytime trip. When we got in the water the group circled around us and checked us out. Amazing, memorable experiences!

Visited November 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Amazing and speechless!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I rarely, seriouly rarely, write reviews unless I feel it is uncomparable and this is one of those. I'd saw very good reviews for them and emailed Captain Ron asking questions before booking but I never imagined it to be this amazing. I would give them 10 stars out of 5! This snorkeling trip made my vacation the most unforgetable thanks to Captain Ron and Erin! We saw and swam with so many dophines that when they call it "swim with the dophines tour" they are not kidding. We probably saw hundreds of them and seriously I'm not exaggerating. Even though my boyfriend and I cannot swim Erin was so patient to stay with me in the water. She would take my noodle and take me to the dophines and point me to them. There were several instances where if i knew how to swim i could have just reach out and touch them but at the same time we should not for health reasons as explained because they are still wild animals. Captain Ron was great at spotting them and taking us to all the different locations where they are as they come and go. I love the fact that there were only 3 of us (they only allow 6 max) and with the boat they had I felt really safe unlike some others I saw that day in the waters where there were alot more than 6 people in inflatable water crafts. We had undivided attention from Captain Ron and Erin. We saw spinners and spotted dolphines both in the water and as we travel they were swimming all around us, even right there in front. Thank you Captain Ron and Erin for making this trip the most amazing for us! BTW, great brownies!

San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Dolphin and Manta experience in Kona”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

2nd trip in 2 years with Coral Reef Adventures, great Captain and Crew is why we went again. This trip started immediately with a Manta sighting followed by a Manta cleaning station with 3 beneath the boat on the reef. Dolphin were a little bit allusive this trip which is not common, they are wild animals no signed contracts with them, but the crew worked hard to locate them which meant a longer boat ride, and extended time on the water.
Captain Ron located some and we all had a great experience swimming with them. Hope to be back and see our underwater friends again.

Konakli, Turkey
“Got the formula right”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Morning dolphin swimming tour worked out great. Although several other companies do it, this one has room for only 6 per outing. We had only 4+ captain and guide. We'll worth it for good equipment and no cattle-car environment. Saw/swam with hundreds of dolphins and even got out to 5-6 pilot whales. Personable captain and met the owner of the company as we pulled in to the boat dock. Of note, the boat is not in a slip, but arrives on a trailer and is put in at a boat ramp. Don't go looking for a sign for the Coral Reef Adventures. They arrive on Hawaiian time, but so does everything else here, great time had by all. Highly recommend.

Vancouver, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The best choice for Dolphin and Manta Ray snorkelling!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

August 15, 2013

My girlfriend and I did both the dolphin snorkel in the morning and the manta ray snorkel at night. You can do both on the same day (which is what we did) or on multiple days. I spent a lot of time researching the crew to use and I can't see anybody being better than Coral Reef! Being a smaller boat only taking a maximum of 6 people (plus the Captain and Guide) is so much better that going out with 20+ people. It is a very personal experience and the crew is more than knowledgeable and helpful making it the best time they can. Snacks are provided (fruit, chips, pop, water, brownies)

For the dolphin snorkel we had Captain Ron and Erin (guide) and we couldn't of asked for a better time. Captain Ron knows his stuff and took us to multiple spots keeping us away as best he could from other boats giving us the best chance to swim with the dolphins. Captain Ron also took us to a place where we saw three Manta Rays and three Spotted Eagle Rays as well which was a huge surprise and just amazing to see. We spent well over an hour in the water at three locations and I couldn't hope for anything more.

We had Captain Carl and Jessica (guide) for our manta snorkel. It started out with Captain Carl following a few dolphins in the bay heading out for dinner which was really cool to once again see more dolphins (you can't really get enough). We then headed to where the mantas will be. Captain Carl told us that we will wait for a bit before getting in the water so that it gives time for the manta rays to show up and that we don't waste time in the water (we only get 45 min once we get in). So we waited for the cheers from people already in the water and then Jessica took us out. I will say right now THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING EXPERIENCE I have ever had. We had 16 mantas doing barrel rolls within inches of us with them being the size of small cars are the most graceful creatures to witness. The best advice I can give is have an underwater camera that takes videos, as pictures are tough to get from all the plankton in the water.

Anyone who is looking to dolphin or manta ray snorkel can't go wrong with Coral Reef Snorkel Adventures!

Visited August 2013
captain96740, Owner at Coral Reef Snorkel Adventures, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Aloha for your review Matt! We're happy you chose our company for your dolphin and manta ray adventures and that you had such a spectacular day and night! :) please come visit us again next time and feel free to post any pics or videos.

Mahalo,