“Would highly reccomend to All”
Review of Torpedo Tours

Torpedo Tours
Ranked #81 of 212 Tours in Kailua-Kona
More attraction details
Owner description: Wanna dive into an adventure!? Scuba Diving in Kona is the best in the whole state of Hawaii. The Big Island has three big volcanic peaks which protect the Kona Coast from wind, rain and big ocean swells. There are no rivers or streams on this side of the island making the underwater visability over 100 feet on average. The reefs are healthy and vibrant with finger coral, plate coral, cauliflower coral, and huge antler corals, just to name a few. The water is calm and warm with an average temperature of 80 degrees.​Call or text to book your underwater experience today!
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We've been diving with Torpedo Tours for 8 years if not more. We've had many outstanding adventures with Mike & Nikki from snorkeling with hammer heads to viewing humpback whales from the back of the boat. Mike let me reel in a 20-25lb Ono on my birthday May 6th, 2012, a very special day for me. If you want adventure, these are the people to be with. I've read many of the negative reviews and we use Trip Advisor for our Europe Trips in 2009 & 2012. What you have to do here folks, is read between the lines. There are some people you cannot please so I always do an average of great reviews with the 'Terrible' reviews, if it seems disproportionate, there's usually a reason for it. Some people complained about cracks in the marble floor in a Rome, Hellol McFly, it's 2000 yrs old, I should say there'd be a crack in it! Anyway we're going back again this year and Torpedo Tours is the campany choice.We watched Mike and Nikki interact with many people from all walks of life and parts of the world and they are very professional and engauging people as well as attentive to your safety, concerns and they sincerely want you to have a great time. Regarding the guy whom complained that the Dive Master left him for 5 mins. Here in Washington sate where we have balmy 48 degree water and a max vis of 20ft on a good day. The dive boats here take you to your destination and drop you off, no dive master, no tour, nobody to point out the cool stuff, your pretty much on your own. Common sense isn't too common yet, it'll save your life. Take ownership of that and you'll do just fine in life. My old man once said, it's easy to die, the tough part is staying alive. So far, so good! Aloha, Cy & Lisa Votava, Camano Island, WA.

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"pali"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was a great tour to two different snorkeling areas with Keith and Ethan. They like to get to the spots before the bigger boats come in which gave us more time to explore before it got so crowded with others. They added several diversions along the way to see sea caves and other interesting sites which the larger boats could get to. The best surprise was being surrounded by a pod of spinner dolphins for probably 20-30 minutes which was unexpected. We appreciated the respect and concern our crew demonstrated towards the dolphins and underwater living organisms. They're running a business but are doing it with a long term view of protecting these wonderful locations.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We dove with mike and Nikki for 2 weeks this past December and had an awesome time. We cannot recommend them enough and can't wait to dive with them again. From snorkeling with spinner dolphins to the amazing manta night dive we truly enojyed our experience with torpedo tours. They went out of their way to accommodate our needs and made sure we had a great time. I would highly recommend anyone who is diving on the big island to dive with them. Great fun!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our sick diving experience- we just got done doing 4 days of 2 tank diving with Torpedo Tours. First of all Mike , Nikki and Allen were great- hopefully Allen is over his cold. They took us to sites that were for all levels of divers - we had our two teenage boys with us and they got along great with all of them including their cool dog Scout , that searches for dolphins. We would HIGHLY recommend doing the night Manta dive- one of the top 10 things I have done. Also go to suck it up lava tube site. This dive company sets up all your equipment and has some of the best food in between dives( go for the chicken salad sandwich). You won't be disappointed diving with them- next time we are on Kona we will surely dive with them.

Dave, Lori, Justin , Ryan

See more reviews
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I actually was booked through Neptune Charlies but I was the only diver that day, so my dive master and I went on Torpedo Tours dive boat, the Na Pali Kai II. I don't like large dive boats, so this one was perfect. It was small but comfortable. I think there were around 10 of us. It had a working bathroom, which was a plus. We were able to sit out on the bow, which I loved. The captain spotted dolphins and got us as close as he legally could, and we were able to jump out and swim to them. They had sandwiches, sodas, juice, water, and snacks on board. They seemed very good at tailoring things to the wants, needs, and experience levels of their divers. I was impressed. If I ever go to the Big Island again, I will look them up.