“Awesome”
Review of Los Habaneros

Los Habaneros
Ranked #93 of 295 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: In the Keahou shopping center.
Description: In the Keahou shopping center.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We went her twice on our recent trip to the big island. We tried the tacos, the carne asada plate and the carnitas plate. All of it tasted great! We love Mexican food and were glad to find some on the islands. My kids loved the keiki nachos and quesdillas. All in all the service was fast and efficient. While there wasn't a lot of conversation, that's not what we expect from a walk up counter. We ate in once at one of the tables and it was very clean. The second time we got our food to go and they kindly packed everything into a box for us to carry out. Great place with great prices!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Your typical strip center Mexican fast food restaurant. Average quality, particularly considering the price.

1  Thank MarkGW60
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Whenever I travel to Hawaii I look for Mexican food. I'm from Arizona, eat Mexican food frequently, and don't eat fish. Good Mexican food is hard to find in Hawaii. I have been disappointed more times than not. If you are from Az, enjoy the Mexican food served at our local, non-franchised, restaurants, you will really enjoy this place. This place reminds me of Matta's Grill or Filiberto's. Counter service, seating inside and outside. Lots of locals eating here. The cooks chattering in Spanish with each other.

For Hawaii, the price is very reasonable, the portions are large, and the food is authentic and tasty. I had the daily special and ended up taking half of it back to the condo. It was just as good a day or two later, which was not the case for the pricey food we had in Haleiwa....

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The food was excellent. I had the chile verde burrito and it was very very good. My son had the kids bean burrito and ate it all. My husband had the el pastor and said it was also tasty.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We came here at the recommendation of a guide from W.H.O.A. I had asked where I could get some really good fish tacos. I was not disappointed. The fish was seasoned very very well.
My husband had the carne asada plate. It looked so tasty that I stole a few bites. It was delicious as well. Great little hole in the wall place. And super fast!