“Good Bartending”
Review of Rosa's Cantina - CLOSED

Rosa's Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: This is a new restuarant. I went there last week while on vacation...it was fabulous Mexican food...would like to share it with others.
Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Bartending”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

La is the best bartender in Kona. Have a chimichanga, catch some legit ukulele, and watch the sunset after the best diving you'll ever experience.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Marinatin

Oakley, California
“Great Place”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My family and I ate here last night. It was by far some of the best Mexican food we have had. We are from California so needless to say we have a pretty good idea what Mexican food is all about. The chips they serve are home made (I noticed one of the reviewers was disappointed with "fried flour tortilla been served as chips), anyone that knows anything about tortilla chips, is that homemade chips are the best kind to have. The food was fresh and in no way did it resemble "microwaved/frozen" as an other reviewer had suggested. My son ordered chiles rellenos (great), my husband had a wet burrito, and I had the enchiladas (the sauce was awesome). The live entertainment was great (not to loud) and it was easy to listen to. Our server, Mika, was attentive and accommodating to what we needed. The one thing that could have been better were the margaritas. My husband and I ordered the house margaritas, they had this weird after taste (iodine type.) however, Our server replaced them no cost to us. I will come back to this place no doubt and I am recommending it to friends and relatives visiting the island soon.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jo-and-Jay-Jeremy
Chepachet, Rhode Island
“Really good Mexican”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Mexican isn't my favorite, so I tend to stick to basics. The service is friendly and meals are well presented and plenty to share. Fajita for two was just right.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Willboat
Crowsnest Pass, Canada
“We liked it!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

We liked the food and atmosphere. The service was a touch slow but they were really friendly. I had the enchiladas and my wife the tacos - both were really good. There were so many things on the menu I wanted to try!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Kannuck72
kitchener, Ontario, Canada
“great views but terrible food”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

our service was good but the food was horrible, i had the ono fish and chips my wife had nachos.
how a place can screw these two items up is beyond me, the fish and the chips had a funky taste like they were cooked in old oil that was used to fry who knows what, but the funky flavor came out in all of the food. this was the worst fish and chips i have eaten any where in the world. and its a shame because when eating in a place that is on a island surrounded by ocean staffed by people that have spent there whole life eating out of that ocean, how they can screw up a basic dish like fish and chips is a real embarrassing mystery.
The nachos were basic and as well were lacking in flavor, the cheese was some flavorless i don't know what kind. This item is not worth the price tag, the drinks were not mixed well so didn't taste very good.

this is a poorly run tourist trap of a restaurant, they would probably screw up a rum and coke.

• Visited February 2014