“Good food!”
Review of Rosa's Cantina - CLOSED

Rosa's Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This is a new restuarant. I went there last week while on vacation...it was fabulous Mexican food...would like to share it with others.
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We ate here on our last night on the Big Island. The service came with a smile and the food was yummy (with generous portions). The free chips/salsa was good to start. It’s averagely priced for places on the island. I’d definitely recommend and go back if ever went back to the island. Also, it's well located - lots of shops nearby.

8  Thank foreverblended

Reviewed December 16, 2012

This place had the BEST mexican food we had in a long time!! Not only was it served quick but the portions were very generous, they also gave a nice free starter!! ALSO THE VIEW WAS THE BEST

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Friendly hostess. Ordered the special chicken in a big boiling rock bowl. Very good food! Too bad they ran out of cactus as that was important to the dish. They substituted avocado for the cactus. Pretty good save. Exellllent chips and the salsa was as good as we we have had.
Now the $ 3 margaritas were not worth the $3. My wife gave me hers and had a beer. I drank both margaritas but had a bad after taste. A little like anti freeze??? Waitress made some effort, but I had to go get our silverware and ask for more salsa but she brought it with a smile.
My wife needed a Mexican food hit so we came. Very good special. Probably over rated as a 4

Reviewed November 15, 2012

If you read my previous review, you know that I wasn't very impressed with Rosa's comida Mexicana. Last night we ate the left overs. Sandra had ordered the flautas. They were so good, even as left overs, that I had to write and acknowledge that the food was better than I had previously stated. Mucho sabor!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had dinner last night at Rosa's Cantina on the waterfront in Kailua Kona. It was our daughter's last night in Kona and we were looking for an ocean view in a relaxed, adult atmosphere. Yes, that leaves out Bubba Gump's...Run, Forrest Run. Those guys captured the best location in the village and turned it into Kiddieland. But I digress.
We arrived about quarter to six and the view of the bay and the sunset was fantastic. We were seated promptly and the service was spot on, although there were no Mexican's serving us. Que lastima!
The food was fairly pedestrian Tex Mex cuisine. Nothing spectacular, but everything was edible. (I'm not sure where you go for really good Mexican cuisine in Kailua.) A great sunset in a friendly atmosphere for less than 60 coconuts including tip seemed perfectly acceptable.