“Sunday night in Kailua Kona”
Review of Rosa's Cantina - CLOSED

Rosa's Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: This is a new restuarant. I went there last week while on vacation...it was fabulous Mexican food...would like to share it with others.
Waikoloa, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sunday night in Kailua Kona”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We had drinks at the bar first. We arrived just before 5:00 pm and unlike other spots along Alii Street, it was nearly empty. It began to fill quickly though. Theo was behind the bar and was informative, funny and made a good drink. We moved to a table for dinner. Our fajitas were very good. The salsa was spicy good, with lots of fresh tomatoes, onions and cilantro. She asked for a bit of the HOT salsa and tasted the habaneros right away. The price was good, as was the service. I would certainly go back if I didn't live half way around the world.

• Visited October 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Great food, atmosphere and entertainment!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

i wandered into Rosa's one Friday night by myself (I am a 30 something female who was traveling solo) and I totally enjoyed every minute of my experience! The staff was very attentive, the food was amazing and the entertainment was very fun and really made me feel not so alone! Go to Rosa's if you are looking for a good meal with a great view and great service!

Visited August 2012
Houston, Texas
“Are you people kidding me? You've never eaten Mexican before...”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We live in South Texas and eat both AUTHENTIC Mexican and Tex-Mex both and Rosa's came recommended by a 35 year resident of the island living in Kona. What an embarrassment to Mexican food, quite honestly the food in general was terrible not just terrible for being 'Mexican' food. Of the 43 US States we have traveled to this was the worst dinner experience for food overall without question. The waiter was a goof, the view was ok of the ocean although mostly blocked by poles and wires, etc. - the food though was just terrrrrrrrrrrible. I would NOT recommend the food here to anybody, ever. I don't know how people find this even safe to eat let alone 'good' - the quality shouldn't be aloud in the US. People that like this food have never left this island before and don't know any better...what a shame.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank ChadC799
kailua kona
“water view”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

great view of water. open air restaurant but a bit pricey for the servings. bar has great drinks but also pricey.

Visited September 2012
Adelaide, Australia
“Yum!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We went here on our first night after 18 hours of travel from Australia. I love Mexican food and being vegetarian, it gives me a lot of options. We ordered $5 Mai Tai's and Margaritas - they sure are stronger than they make back home! The meal was huge and delicious and we came back a second time a few nights later. Great service, great food, stunning view and strong drinks! What more can you ask for?

• Visited August 2012