“Late lunch at Bite Me Fish Market”

Bite Me Fish Market Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
South Jordan, Utah
“Late lunch at Bite Me Fish Market”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We were thrilled to find this little place - it was just what we were looking for. It was about 2 in the afternoon, and not very crowded. We just wanted an appetizer and a couple drinks. I wanted a pina colada, but they didn't serve rum drinks. The waitress told me that they could use saki in place of rum, and it would taste exactly the same. It didn't - it was weird and over priced. We were pretty much ignored. There were a few guys sitting at the bar, and both the girls and the bar-tender spent all their time with them. I over-heard the waitresses talking about a customer who had just left - her comments were anything but kind. Rather or not it was true, to discuss customers in front of everyone like that can be highly offensive. Overall, not a high point of our trip, and we wouldn't go back.

• Visited December 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome fresh fish dine in or take home to cook!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We were there 3 times in the week we stayed in the area. We loved the fresh fish from the market and cooking advice :) Mahalo!

Visited December 2013
Chandler, Arizona
“A good bite at Bite Me.”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Coming from AZ, the seafood is not really fresh so don't eat much fish. I only eat very mild seafood when I travel to a costal location. My idea of fresh is caught within the same day and never frozen, flash or otherwise. On this account Bite Me never fails to deliver. Fish is usually caught the same day, sometimes within hours of eating it.

Was last on the Big Island in May 2012 & remember the $3 fish tacos. We landed on New Years & went directly here from the airport to get dinner. My "go to" fish is Mahi (Dorado) but none was available. The waitress suggested Marlin so we had the Marlin tacos (2 with side salad included) & the Marlin Burrito with chips & salsa. We each had1 taco & 1/2 the burrito. I ate the salad, my husband had the chips. I drank water, he had a soft drink. The bill without tip was $25.00.

No longer the bargain it once was it was comparable to what we would pay at our favorite Sports Bar in Chandler. We had enough to eat but were not over full. The food was flavorful, well prepared and a good combination of ingredients in the burrito. I now can add Marlin to my short list of fish I eat, including Mahi, Swordfish, and Marlin....the last two thanks to the excellent recipes at Bite Me.

It's located in the Harbor, in the white building behind The Harbor house & has a water view. The atmosphere is decidedly causal, as many come directly from an ocean adventure of fishing, snorkeling, scuba, or some other excursion. It's a motley crew of families, tourists & local of all descriptions. Seating is at picnic style benches or on a bar stool at the counter. They have a TV with a sports channel which doesn't command much attention from the customers providing more a background noise to conversation.

I will definitely return to Bite Me, though I miss my $3.00 tacos.

• Visited January 2014
Littleton, Colorado
“Fish tacos, yay!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Great selection of Hilo beers and fish tacos with fresh catch of the day. Can't go wrong. Little hard to find in the harbor, you can see it, just probably better off parking and figuring out how to walk to it.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank MattR224
Portland, Oregon
“Good food after Whale Watch Tour”
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Marlin tacos and catch of the day fish melt sandwich were excellent. Ahi taco was good but a bit dry. Service was a bit slow but I think we were there early (10:45am) so that should be expected. No restroom in restaurant.