“EARLY EVENING VISIT”

Bite Me Fish Market Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed February 15, 2013

A group of five persons were swiftly accommodated, with a round of drinks rapidly dispatched.
In our deliberations as to what to eat the waitress made her impatience clear as we both asked
questions and finalised our order. Once placed she rapidly joined a nearby table of "drinking friends". Our starters were promptly delivered, the main courses following just minutes later before we even had chance to attack our first course. The food was really fresh and well priced, but singularly spoilt by surly service and no thought for the diners. Our waitress, despite looking cute with her "Bite Me" emblazoned shorts, should consider all customers not just her cronies.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stopped by after a day on the beach to buy some fresh fish for dinner, not our first time here, travel to Big Island every year for at least 2 weeks and stay in Kona with locals or rent a condo. We asked 3 times about the price of the Ono and was told "It is $17.99 a pound" every time. The young Hawaiian girl who was working along side a guy in his mid to late 30's was rude with every question asked without any reason. When we went to pay for our fish she told us "it is $24.99 a pound, it is only $17.99 a pound when you buy the whole fish". We had previously asked her 3 times the price so we were shocked at the sudden change. When I told her it would be better to clarify the difference in price before your customers order, she said "I just did!!". We were totally shocked at her attitude and being so ignorant to us, I told my partner to leave the fish, I took back our $40.00 from the girl. The other guy behind the counter was embarrassed by this kids attitude, but did not step up to say anything to her or us, which makes me think she was family or a relative of the owner. I hope the owner or manager has the opportunity to read this and have a talk with her, give her a reminder that the money we as customers pay for the products they sell, are what pays her pay cheque. This happened February 13, 2013 at 4:30 PM, so the manager will know which of his employees to fire!!!

3  Thank calgary-mike-ab
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had a late lunch at this simple, harbor-side restaurant. Service was top-notch--informative, attentive, but not too much so. Ahi (tuna) was the catch of the day and was grilled just right. Our other dish was mongchon with a macadamia crust. The preparation was described as pan fried but was clearly deep fried {-(. This drained it out and detracted from the sweet taste that the fish should have had. Maybe I should have clarified this point, but I was told that it would be from the pan. Next time I'll be more careful, and there will be a next time because otherwise it was a good experience.

1  Thank tourist1940
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

On the harbour is this nice and cosy fish bar and grill. Lovely fish burritto and fish cake. It was so good we had to come back a second time. Good selection of beer.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We always stop here for fish tacos after diving. Get them alacart for $2.98 each. They are always fresh and one of the best deals in Kona area.

Mike