“funky smell”

Bite Me Fish Market Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2013

this place is hit and miss, have been there numerous times.. sometimes its great,, other times its very disappointing.. do sit outside.. the inside seating area has a really bad funky smell to it.. but outside.. you can watch the fisherman bring in their catch..also the geckos are quite numerous and LOVE sugar

Reviewed December 26, 2012

The staff are all very helpful and courteous and make you feel very welcome. The seafood is fresh and is like it has almost just pulled in from sea that very minute. Great to do and would recommend

Reviewed December 24, 2012

To find Bite Me you need to walk past the harbour sports bar, through the breezeway and out the other side. It's worth a little trouble to find as it's so good.

If your looking for a casual dining experience with locals and super fresh food this is your place. They only serve whatever has been freshly caught, the Ahi Poke was so superb, I'm salivating just thinking about it. As a family of four, we all ordered different meals and they were all delicious. The fresh caught Ono was a big winner with my fish snob husband, my son had the fish tacos, I had the parcelled ahi and my daughter had the grilled ahi.

My only reason for not giving 5 stars was that I couldn't order a cocktail as they can't serve hard liquor. I had a lovely glass of wine instead.

The service was super friendly and well informed - all the staff here love food as much as we do.

If you want to get off the tourist strip and have some brilliant, fresh seafood, then Bite Me is definitely the place to go.

Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Love the fish tacos... Can't wait to go back! I would and will recommend this place to all friends and family.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Had dinner at the Bite Me. Great food and service. Very casual restaurant on the harbor. Lots of fishing boats to look at! Had ahi tuna and it was excellent and reasonablely priced. Their cat "Fish" was very entertaining and even has his own facebook page. We will go here again next time we are in Kailua Kona.