“Great day on the Sea Wife”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sea Wife Charters

Sea Wife Charters
Mt. Vernon, Washington
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great day on the Sea Wife”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

We booked a full-day private on the Sea Wife for 9 of us.
Once we got everyone all loaded up, Capt Ken gave us the safety run down and on our way out, deckhand Reece gave us an orientation on the fishing gear.
The boat was great. Lots of deck room and storage and the bridge is a nice breezy place to hang out.
A bunch of our guys got sick and the Capt and Deckhand did their best to help with remedies .
We ended up losing a pretty sizeable Marlin partway through the trip. The one child in our group was reeling in the fish and his dad stepped in to help him out. In the confusion the fish ended up taking all the line off the reel. The Capt ended up ripping the deckhand a new one and then tore into the dad because he was "in the way". Pretty uncool.
Anyhow, the rest of the trip went very well. Everyone got fish and we ended up bringing in over a dozen tuna. Rhys trimmed out all of our catch and bagged it up.
I would definitely use these guys again.
The Captain was VERY knowledgable and for the most part friendly. Remember we hired him to get us on the fish, not to hand out hugs.
Reece was a pleasure to hang out with. He was very attentive to details, spent time keeping everything clean and in order, and overall just did a great job.
If you need someone to hold your hand and say please and thank you...I would find somewhere else to go. If you want a good clean boat, with a good captain and crew who will actually let you keep your catch, I would use these guys.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank nautwerks

Concord
“AWESOME CHARTER....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2011

MY HUSBAND IS A Die hard fisherman. We chartered SEA WIFE II CAPT was awesome, DECKHAND REECE WAS SO Nice & full of information for hubby. Hubby caught 5 fish one a 25.5 mahi mahi.BOAT WAS VERY CLEAN,we totally enjoyed their set up. Also the gal who runs the sea wife is a great person. SEE u all NEXT TIME WE ARE IN KONA FOR ANOTHER ADVENTURE.MAHALO FROM SAN FRANCISCO

Visited November 2011
Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“If you are in Kona and want to fish, this is the one.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

We went out on 10/24. 6 people on a shared charter - we each caught 2. Clean boat, good people, and a really good time. I would go again in a heartbeat.

Edmonton, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A lot of fun with Reese and JD!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

We went on a half-day morning charter in early October with captain JD and deckhand Reese. I can honestly say I don't think I've had that much fun fishing in a while. We were a full boat of 10 plus crew with 6 people fishing. After explaining a few rules and the fisherpeople drawing numbered cards to determine the catch order, JD was sure to take us out to where we would be all but guaranteed to catch something and Reese was very careful to be sure everyone who was there to fish actually got their turn and caught something. The very first fish on the boat was a 141-pound ahi! The rest of us weren't THAT lucky but still it was a great trip. Reese literally ran around that boat all morning making sure everything and everybody was looked after and when we returned to the dock he cleaned the small fish so everyone could take some with them to enjoy that evening. I would definitely go out with these guys again.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Vicki P
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Didn't expect this in Hawaii”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

I went on a trip on this boat to go fishing. I spoke with a nice lady at the office and then met the captain and crew. My wife gets seasick so she decided to stay home. We didn't catch fish and Captain JD was extremely rude and racist. He used the "N" word and said all types of rude comments about the rest of us fishing on the boat. His first mate was joking around using racist jokes and telling us it was okay because he was Chinese. I didn't expect this in Hawaii and created an account on tripadvisor because my wife and I agree that we would not even entertain the idea of fishing with these guys again.
The boat has many different colors, cracks everywhere and the diesel smell is unbearable downstairs. This was disgusting and I will never return again.

Visited September 2011