“Wonderful Burger”

Ranked #15 of 299 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Ultimate Burger is a Locally Owned by Chef Makani, Big Island born and raised. Chef Makani created this "Quick-service" Burger restaurant catering to a broad spectrum of diners, including Vegetarian, Gluten-sensitive, and even Vegan guests. Ultimate Burger is known for being "with the times," serving Organic and local ingredients from the Big Island of Hawaii. Come taste the amazing fresh ground, grass fed Big Island Beef!!! Our music is not bad either! Ultimate burger features an open kitchen allowing guests to see the "magic" happen in the back of house. Priding themselves on teamwork, the UB crew is very quick and efficient, delivering freshly made Burgers cooked to order that are sure to delight, Don't forget to try the daily, freshly cut "Big Daddy Fries" served with Chef Makani's Citrus Aioli that's packed with flavor. From old fashioned to innovative Ultimate burger has it all.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Local, not a chain. VERY tasty hamburger. Good fries. Prices a little on the high side but not terrible. This place is easy to find, located in a strip mall. Some outside seating is available.

1  Thank tivmamtv

Reviewed January 19, 2014

If all you can taste on the burger is the grilled pineapple, and not the beef as well, then something is definitely missing. The fries were good, and so was the lemonade, but I really expected more from the burger after all the hype.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

An overpriced burger that was over cooked. Fries that had been frozen. Extremely slow service. Tables needed cleaning. No restroom and I am handicapped so cannot walk to one a couple hundred yards away. Will never go there again.

mak21g, Owner at Ultimate Burger, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Barbara,

I'm so sorry you experience was not fantastic. Unfortunately, Hawaii is a very expensive place to operate a restaurant and when you are serving local, high quality grass feed beef that is fresh ground it does push the price up. And just so you are aware, all our fries are cut fresh everyday, the only freezer we own is for our ice. We do have a bathroom which is right next door to us about 10 feet away so I 'm sorry you had to go out of your way to find a bathroom. And lastly, our cooks do make mistakes and if they overcooked your burger we would be happy to get you another one just the way you like it, just let us know. I hope you give us another try next time you are on the Big Island.

Mahalo,

Windy

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My wife and I ate here just after arriving. The food was better than the average fast food, but not worth the $25 paid for it. We each got a burger, shared fries, and each got a drink.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

The name enticed us to try this place. I was thinking Fuddruckers, In N Out Burger or The Islands restaurant in AZ. I was really disappointed that the burger was just average and that they had string fries. The sauce on the fries was good, but the smaller the fry the more oil you taste. I'm a fan of steak fries. McDonald's fries or even the new satis-fries from Burger king are better.

They were not busy. It's in a mall & looks like a fast food place but looks are deceiving. It was pretty slow. We ordered 2 double cheese burgers, 2 lemonades & shared an order of fries. We added bacon to both burgers & pineapple to one & avocado to the other. The add-ons were between $1-$2 per add-on but was so minimal I couldn't taste my 1 slice of bacon. The bill was $38.00......and I was still hungry.

I know I'm in Hawaii. Had I been in a restaurant with good service or a place with a nice view or a nice atmosphere or even a phenomenal burger in the same spot this would have been an expected bill. Since none of the above was true I have to say the only thing about Ultimate Burger that's Ultimate is the price.